Fridge for film

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Use it for film or use it for beer?

Film
25%
Beer
25%
Buy less beer
25%
Divorce wife
25%

Total votes: 8

Actor

Fridge for film

Post by Actor »

My wife complains about all my film being in the family fridge. So yesterday I went and bought my own litte fridge for film. I was going to put a sign on it that said "FILM AND BEER ONLY." Then I realized that with all my film inside there's no room left for beer.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I went for buy less film actually......

As an active Brewer and DP I would say that I would rather have the space in the fridge for beer.

However, I keep all of my film in the freezer next to the Vodka.....

When I have bigger gigs Fuji/Kodak do a great job of sending the film to me on location as its needed so the onlly film I do have is left-overs/S8 which never takes up that much room. I have a harder time storing what I have shot than I do what I hope to shoot.

Good luck
monobath

Post by monobath »

I had the same problem with my side by side fridge/freezer in the house. Way too much film and beer in it to fit much of anything else. So I went and bought another fridge and a separate freezer for the garage. The fridge in the garage is just for beer, and the freezer is for film and meat.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I have a similar problem because I like to be very well stocked with film and we have a small freezer (just the two of us). I'd buy less beer if I were you, can't take photographs or film in super 8 if you're drunk! Actually that's not true, some of my best pictures come after 8 pints of bitter and 65ml of absinthe.

In my case...I just put the sound film in my parents huge freezer, and go over to theirs when I need some!

Anyway I voted for "less beer"...beer should be drunk with company in the pub.
Angus

Post by Angus »

Just thought I'd post a little pic of what I mean by liking to keep well stocked. This is my non-fridge stash...note a few sound carts in there!

sunrise

Post by sunrise »

Warmer weather means that I can no longer store my beer and vegetables in a small room on the back stairs (that used to be the old toilet). However I have shot a lot of my stash this spring so I'm sort of clearing out the fridge too, only taking up half a shelf. I have put my quarzchrome stash in the freezer, since the right project has not yet been realized.

At first my girlfriend complained about film taking up space in the frige, but by now she knows there's no way out. It's got to be there.

cheers
sunrise
Actor

Post by Actor »

Angus wrote:I have a similar problem because I like to be very well stocked with film and we have a small freezer (just the two of us). I'd buy less beer if I were you, can't take photographs or film in super 8 if you're drunk! Actually that's not true, some of my best pictures come after 8 pints of bitter and 65ml of absinthe.
I've heard you can develop film in beer. I must try that someday.
Angus

Post by Angus »

Actor wrote:
Angus wrote:I have a similar problem because I like to be very well stocked with film and we have a small freezer (just the two of us). I'd buy less beer if I were you, can't take photographs or film in super 8 if you're drunk! Actually that's not true, some of my best pictures come after 8 pints of bitter and 65ml of absinthe.
I've heard you can develop film in beer. I must try that someday.
And no doubt vodka for reversal bleach lol

I expect it makes the beer undrinkable though!
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

Shoot your wife :) - or literally: Shoot more family home movies.

I have [almost] gotten charte blanche because I have allways been clever in shooting a lot of family home movies. After years passed by she knows how valuable it is to be well equipped with film for any occation to show up 8) but she does of course not know how much material is for homemovies and not is.

My suggestion:

• Shoot more home movies to please her
• store 50/50 beer/film in both fridges. May not look so awesome to her?

R
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
fritzcarraldo

Post by fritzcarraldo »

Drink white wine.

It is healthier, prevents cancer, and you can't drink as much of it as you drink beer, or else you'll get drunk really fast, so it prevents your stomach from growing so much.

Drinking red wine is good also because you don't have to drink it cold, so you can keep it in a cold place anywhere in the house.

Now many countries are starting to produce nice wine, it doens't have to be french, spanish, italian, portuguese or greek anymore to be good.

regards