Here is another still--Attn Cal

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Nigel

Here is another still--Attn Cal

Post by Nigel »

So here is the break down....

S16
Kodak 7274
T5.6/8
Lens could be an Angie Zoom or a Cooke but I can't really remember and its not on my notes.

Cal--I think you will get a kick out of it. Let me know what you think.

http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts ... s/PBRStill

Thanks and Good Luck
+AnonymousGuest+

Post by +AnonymousGuest+ »

Frank: What kind of beer you drink, neighbor?
Jeffrey: Heineken
Frank: Heineken?! F**k that S**t! PABST BLUE RIBBON!
*censored for sensitive forum goers
shralp

Post by shralp »

Nigel,
Everyone here in Portland will thank you for that shot! It turns out that Portland is the number one market on the west coast for PBR sales. Found this out talking to the PBR regional marketing rep at a party recently...
TomFoolery

Post by TomFoolery »

if Portland is #1 in the west. Detroit's gotta be in the East. Everyone here drinks that swill :lol:
All that is, is light.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

TomFoolery/Shralp--

When I was living in Detroit the thing to drink was Stroh's....Well at least at my house. The Stroh's and my family were light friends--I was really bummed when I learned that Peter died.

As for PBR it has undergone somewhat of a new look. It's kind of an Anti-Microbrew statement. The shoot was fun...It was just the director and me drinking and shooting. We almost shot it in his apartment but we were able to get a cheap studio space last minute. I just wish we would have made more fake ice.

The theme of the spot is pretty cool too. It is the opposite of most beer ads and turned out pretty well. I got to see it for the first time a few weeks ago.

Good Luck
PS--I really dig the Blue Velvet comment. We were quoting that during shooting.
shralp

Post by shralp »

CHEERS! :D
calgodot

Post by calgodot »

Geez, that's gorgeous. I'm emailing a copy to my Dad, who used to work for Pabst way back in the day.
"I'm the master of low expectations. I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."—George W. Bush, June 4, 2003
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thanks Cal....I thought you would get a kick out of it. There are some other great images but they don't look good as stills. You kinda need to see the bubbles.

Good Luck
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

calgodot wrote:Geez, that's gorgeous. I'm emailing a copy to my Dad, who used to work for Pabst way back in the day.
in good old Milwaukee! nice pic Nigel.