Is my Braun Microphone Now Junk or is a MD adaptor possible?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Microphoneless

Is my Braun Microphone Now Junk or is a MD adaptor possible?

Post by Microphoneless »

Hello. I've got a Braun cardioid MD 1000 microphone and it has one of those 8 pin plugs to jack into the Nizo Sound camera I've got.

It seems like a perfectly decent microphone, but I need to find out how I could adapt it to a plug in for a MiniDisc recorder.

Does anybody know if there is such an adaptor or has anybody done such a thing? Or am I pretty much going to have to forget about it and get a new microphone?
Lunar07

Re: Is my Braun Microphone Now Junk or is a MD adaptor possi

Post by Lunar07 »

Microphoneless wrote:Hello. I've got a Braun cardioid MD 1000 microphone and it has one of those 8 pin plugs to jack into the Nizo Sound camera I've got.

It seems like a perfectly decent microphone, but I need to find out how I could adapt it to a plug in for a MiniDisc recorder.

Does anybody know if there is such an adaptor or has anybody done such a thing? Or am I pretty much going to have to forget about it and get a new microphone?
You need the schematics for the pin assignments on the mic plug on the camera - these correspond to the ones on the mic. Once you have these assignments, you can build an adpater to go from 8-pin DIN to a mic jack using a Radio Shack component.
al77

Post by al77 »

Hi,
there is a wiring diagram for your mic at this link:

http://www.radiodesign.de/museum/kopf.htm

Thanks,
Ultrazero

Post by Ultrazero »

is this an exceptional mic?

I would just get a new one.