Eumig 610D circuitry

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bottlegardener

Eumig 610D circuitry

Post by bottlegardener »

Hi all,
I just found a really nicely preserved Eumig 610D variable speed projector, unfortunately for me it's the European voltage model. There's a solder point where I can easily set the transformer primary between 220/230/240/250 volts but there doesn't appear to be any 110/120v taps.
I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the circuitry of these projectors and if they could tell me if they would tolerate 60hz operation if I were to find an adequately rated step-up transformer.
Thanks!
nikonr10

Re: Eumig 610D circuitry

Post by nikonr10 »

bottlegardener wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm Hi all,
I just found a really nicely preserved Eumig 610D variable speed projector, unfortunately for me it's the European voltage model. There's a solder point where I can easily set the transformer primary between 220/230/240/250 volts but there doesn't appear to be any 110/120v taps.
I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the circuitry of these projectors and if they could tell me if they would tolerate 60hz operation if I were to find an adequately rated step-up transformer.
Thanks!
Hi try van eck or PM him as hes a member on the forum if not his tech man would know !

Hope this helps .

https://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang ... %20610%20D
bottlegardener

Post by bottlegardener »

Thanks! I just wrote him.
Silverdream

Post by Silverdream »

Most of the Eumigs have AC motors, so feeding 60 Hertz, will simply make them go faster. However, if I remember correctly the frequency adjustment is done mechanically.
On the motor shaft is the drive wheel which makes contact with a flat rubber drive disc at 90°. The projection speed is dependent on the position that the drive wheel makes contact with the rubber disc. This can be set for 50 or 60 Hertz.