Canon 310XL

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bolexh16man

Canon 310XL

Post by bolexh16man »

Hi guys,
I have a Canon 310XL and shot a couple cartridges with it over a year ago - they came out fine. I don't have a cartridge in it at the moment, but I put in new batteries recently and tried pulling the trigger, and she isn't turning over. I can't remember if it requires a cartridge to spin or not, I'm guessing something is wrong with my camera. :s
nikonr10

Re: Canon 310XL

Post by nikonr10 »

bolexh16man wrote:Hi guys,
I have a Canon 310XL and shot a couple cartridges with it over a year ago - they came out fine. I don't have a cartridge in it at the moment, but I put in new batteries recently and tried pulling the trigger, and she isn't turning over. I can't remember if it requires a cartridge to spin or not, I'm guessing something is wrong with my camera. :s
Hello should work with out cart , Try cleaning battery contacts then put fresh battery in ? when not using always good to take battery out ,
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

bolexh16man wrote:Hi guys,
That camera does have the battery meter right? If it shows it has enough battery power what happens when you push in the trigger and wobble it left and right? Maybe the contact for that is corroded.
bolexh16man

Post by bolexh16man »

Thanks guys,

I'll try cleaning the battery contacts and hope that works.

This camera does have a battery check feature but that feature hasn't worked since I got it. The camera is in good condition cosmetically - which I mention so you'll know it's not a obviously damaged situation.

Hmm..

Adam
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

bolexh16man wrote:Thanks guys,

I'll try cleaning the battery contacts and hope that works.

This camera does have a battery check feature but that feature hasn't worked since I got it. The camera is in good condition cosmetically - which I mention so you'll know it's not a obviously damaged situation.

Hmm..

Adam
Good, do you hear the sound of any loose pieces inside when you turn the camera upside down? I don't know if a canon 310 is like this but some cameras have plastic screws keeping switches together. The plastic gets brittle with time and comes apart.
Chris-B

Post by Chris-B »

Mine runs without a cartridge inside it.
Double check you have the batteries in the right way around (obvious I know, but I have made this mistake before), make sure the batteries aren't dead. I've had dead ones from fresh newly opened packs.