Spiderman: Bye digital hello film

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MIKI-814

Spiderman: Bye digital hello film

Post by MIKI-814 »

reflex

Re: Spiderman: Bye digital hello film

Post by reflex »

The most annoying thing here is that they're generating the 3D version in post production. They then charge $5€ more to see a dim CG modified 3D version.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
sk360

Post by sk360 »

reflex wrote:The most annoying thing here is that they're generating the 3D version in post production. They then charge $5€ more to see a dim CG modified 3D version.
Are you annoyed because their converting it to 3D or their not shooting it with 3D cameras? Personally, I don't like the format but if people want to pay the extra bucks to see a movie in 3D by all means let 'em. I just hope Spider Man 2 paves the way for more films shot on celluloid.
reflex

Post by reflex »

I don't like the way that my local multiplex pushes me to the 3D versions. I can watch the 3D release at four different times in the evening or see the standard version at 4pm. There are very few films should be experienced in 3D, and I view the conversion process as a shameless cash grab.

What's interesting is that my 11-year-old has opted for the regular screening for the last two films we've seen, simply because he doesn't like the glasses.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
Will2

Post by Will2 »

That last Spider-Man movie had just about the most VIDEO look of any movie I've ever seen...great video...but video. I'm surprised that they would be ok with it not matching the look of the previous film.