Siemens 2000 16mm Projector/sound

Technical talk about 8mm, Super8, 9.5mm, 16mm and 35mm ++ motion picture cameras.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Leroy

Siemens 2000 16mm Projector/sound

Post by Leroy »

I have a video transfer business, and just adding 16mm magnetic sound capability. I have a beautiful Siemens 2000 projector on approval - amazing condition. It projects perfectly in silent mode, but in sound mode it has a large crackling appear in the (tube) amplifier output as soon as I start the (film) motor running; so loud it drowns out what little the optical sound I can hear.
I can't get hear any magnetic sound so far, but may not be doing it right. (it crackles either way) I suspect something like a dried out capacitor but really not up to repairing it myself if I'm right ...

Is anyone well versed on these machines? It came without a manual and I was able to download a faded copy of a silent version of the machine but would like to know more about the sound settings and such. Has anyone tried to take a line out from the audio or would I be better (definitely easier) to just isolate the projector (for noise), mic the speaker; then sync the recorded audio up to a telecine version of the picture+

Any bits of knowledge appreciated.
Leroy

Re: Siemens 2000 16mm Projector/sound

Post by Leroy »

RE: Siemens 2000 Projector crackling. Problem solved.
Had some dry (motor) caps replaced, and zippo presto!

Also got a custom manual for this machine from a nice bloke in Britain.