Erykah Badu Gets Butt-Nekked On Super 8

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Ace

Erykah Badu Gets Butt-Nekked On Super 8

Post by Ace »

Erykah Badu strips naked at JFK assassination site in Dallas, Texas, for new 'Window Seat' video

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z0ji10c0JX
Blue Audio Visual

Re: Erykah Badu Gets Butt-Nekked On Super 8

Post by Blue Audio Visual »

If that's shot on Super 8 (DOF) then I'm a badger's brother.
granfer

Post by granfer »

Is there no limit to the depths of degradation that the modern media moguls will not descend in order to sell their product? I'm not referring to the "striptease" but to the location.
What's next for desecration.... the Arlington Cemetery or our own Cenotaph?
Will2

Post by Will2 »

If that's shot on Super 8 (DOF) then I'm a badger's brother.
Actually I can't say for sure but it looks like a blur was added in post around everything but her upper body when she's walking around. It looks like her hands are blurry on her sides. Probably so no background faces could be made out and they can avoid seeking permission from them.

In the beginning when she feeds the meter the meter is blurry but her face is not and they are at the same "depth."

There are news reports around here locally about how much people really didn't care very much about the nudity but the whole faking getting shot "art" thing is a little over-dramatic and self-indulgent. Like "Ooooooooo... she's sooooooo deep." (sarcastic)

Cops won't do anything because they didn't catch her in the act but I'm not quite sure why that maters if there are scores of witnesses and a film for evidence. I think it's great to do the guerilla style shoot but just be prepared to pay the fines if there are any. That's the real issue that might affect most of us. The whole idea of having to get a permit to shoot something commercial in a public place.
Charlie Blackfield

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

I actually quite like this video. Okay, sensitivity is certainly not one of its aspects. On the other hand, it's a formidable example of effectiveness. A completely minimalistic film shoot that stands a very good chance of creating more waves in the media (which, I guess, it has already done to some extent) than many a million-dollar music video. Both the song and the concept also strike me as quite intelligent, something fairly unusual in the world of pop music.

Charlie
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Not really a judgment about this particular song but I remember a time when the song had to stand on its own because there were no pictures to illustrate or contrast what was being sung about. We each visualized our own imagery in our heads which meant that no two "mental music videos" were the same. I can not help but think that leads to more creativity in every day life for things that have nothing to do with music, itself.

Also, like so many songs born in the music video age, one has to wonder how popular or effective this song would have been without the accompanying visual.

Roger
reflex

Post by reflex »

Watched it on her site (it's been pulled from YouTube by Universal). Looks like it was shot on video and run through a post-processing app like Magic Bullet. The only analog part of the image capture chain is the sunlight.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Don't forget the analog nakedness.
sk360

Post by sk360 »

Will2 wrote: Cops won't do anything because they didn't catch her in the act but I'm not quite sure why that maters if there are scores of witnesses and a film for evidence.
It may not look like it, but it was indeed a professional shoot with a hired crew, extras and permits to film at the location. Even her " nudity" was covered up to some extent by the MUA's.