Record for longest processing time?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Will2

Record for longest processing time?

Post by Will2 »

So in the mail today I received prints from a 35mm still film Ektachrome roll I sent to Rocky Mountain Film Lab. It was the older Ektachrome process that no one does any more. I'd found it in some things my Granddad had.

Funny thing is that I sent it March of 2006.

Anyone else had film take 2 YEARS to process?

In fairness, they do say it can take a while for them to get around to processing your film, but wow. Not sure if I think it's cool that they actually did it after 2 years or if I should be mad it took so long.
camera8mm

Post by camera8mm »

i'd comment on this post but ill do it in a few years/
David M. Leugers

Post by David M. Leugers »

Wow, I don't know who is more amazing, Rocky Mountain for still developing it and sending it to you after two years, or you not breaking down their door long ago demanding to know what the hell they were doing with your film... 8)

I am about to give up on the local lab that develops my 120 roll film stills. Their customer "service" is likewise bizarre. You'd think that with a dwindling customer base, they would try to offer the best service they could to keep the customers they do have...

David M. Leugers
Will2

Post by Will2 »

David M. Leugers wrote:Wow, I don't know who is more amazing, Rocky Mountain for still developing it and sending it to you after two years, or you not breaking down their door long ago demanding to know what the hell they were doing with your film... 8)
I actually forgot about it, that's what made me so surprised when it showed up.
James E
Location: Houston, TX. Portland, OR. Playa Del Carmen, Quitana Roo, MX. ELgin, TX

Post by James E »

On their site they actually say that some processing could take up to a year. But two????? Since you had forgotten, it must have been a nice suprise... What did you send off, how old was it, and how did it come out?
Cheers,
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.