URGENT: SERVER MIGHT GO DOWN!!!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

URGENT: SERVER MIGHT GO DOWN!!!

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Due to the bankruptcy of KPNQwest Norway, the Shooting 8mm webserver is forced to be taken down sometime during the next few days. I'm working on a sollution, but it's very hard to find a company that will host the server for free (unless I want to pay $1000 a month). I will do my best to have the site up again as soon as possible! If anyone have suggestions or want to help, please drop me an email!

Ref:

http://www.kpnqwest.no/
http://www.kpnqwest.com/html/records.asp?record_id=883

I will keep the site up as long as possible and keep you posted here in the forum.

Cheers!
Last edited by Andreas Wideroe on Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
David M. Leugers

Is this the end?

Post by David M. Leugers »

Terrible, terrible news... Good luck finding a new home for this valuable and appreciated website.
jessh

Post by jessh »

I know some people and have emailed you about a possible place that you can host it. Hopefully something can be worked out because I do not want to see this site and especially these forums disapear. If you did not get my email let me know (I have been having some email problems)

~Jess
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Latest update

Just been in touch with KPNQwest where all doors are now locked. I was told things would keep on running for some more days. Therefore until further notice the site will be up. However, I belive the uptime is limited to max 1 week.

Also, I've been in touch with other hosting companies in Norway and I have a good dialogue with a couple of them. We'll see how things go.

I can guarrantee you the site WILL be up again!

I'll keep you posted!
Andreas Wideroe

wahiba

Post by wahiba »

:D Good Luck

:D At least my clockwork camera will keep working!

:cry: PS

:twisted: I know the feeling having just lost out, on channels and 6 months subscription , with the end of subscription terestial digital TV in the UK.
New web site and this is cine page http://www.picsntech.co.uk/cine.html
Phil L

Post by Phil L »

Keep on, boy!!!!!
This site is one of the best, very nice and good people, we really need you.
Idon't know really nothing in web, so i can't help you.... But as a user, i really appreciate.
good luck to rebuilt all!
Philippe (from France)
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

Good luck comes to those with good karma. I'm sure everything will work out just fine. Thanks for everything Andreas.

Simon. :idea:
el don

Post by el don »

Good luck andreas, and thanks for the great job you're making.
studiocarter

web site

Post by studiocarter »

Good luck on getting a new sponcer for the best web site on the net for 8mm film. Please do at least put up the forum again if possible.
Thanks for a great job in helping users of 8mm.

Michael
StopMoWorks

How will we know of new site, server, sponsor?

Post by StopMoWorks »

When site goes down will you have a page notifying us or will there be displayed, a 404 error page? I assume, with any new server/sponsor you will still have the same URL.... http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com? Also, will all existing messages be saved or archived?
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Re: How will we know of new site, server, sponsor?

StopMoWorks wrote:When site goes down will you have a page notifying us or will there be displayed, a 404 error page? I assume, with any new server/sponsor you will still have the same URL.... http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com? Also, will all existing messages be saved or archived?
Yes, I will put up the frontpage (or similare) on some server displaying a note about what's going on. The site WILL have the same URL and all data will be saved. Nothing to worry about! The server and its content is my property. What will happen is that I will take the power, move it to some other location and then put the power back on. Worst case: The site might be down for a few days.

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe

jessh

Post by jessh »

I wanted to make sure I have all of the manuals and everything while it is down so I have downloaded the ftp site to a server I have an acount on. If anyone else needs it before the site is back up there is a backup of ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com at http://lbjhs.net/~jessh/ftp.filmshooting.com/

~Jess
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Some things are

Post by S8 Booster »

hard to believe even if they are true.

Hoping that you get things sorted out to continue this great site Andreas.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
double-wide

The great SUPER 8.

Post by double-wide »

Bummer. This site turned me on to super 8. I bought a camera and projector on the cheap, and when I saw the first movie on my wall, I was hooked. Thanks.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Al
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Update

The remains of KPNQwest was today bought by Catch Communications. This is probably good news. Catch wants to keep everything running and if we're lucky the server can remain online at the same location.

I'll keep you posted!
Andreas Wideroe