Braun Visacustic shell housing opening

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

aj

Braun Visacustic shell housing opening

Post by aj »

Anybody got experience with opening the housing of the Braun Visacustic 1000 projector?

The right (control) side flies off easily. It should as this must allow for light bulb swapping and lens swing-out.

The left side is resisting and I don't want to rip it apart or wreck it. There are no screws visible. When lifting the rims a bit it seems it should break out of a spring clamp or such. The force I apply is to a safe max but it isn't enough. Is there some lever to lift or screw to undo?
Kind regards,

André
Taqi

Post by Taqi »

On mine there are two screws either side of the handle.
what what
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Andre, there are two screws in the front that you have to unscrew in order to remove the back cover. When you remove the front cover you will see them, one in the left and one in the right. If you have difficullties, please let me know. I'll try and send you a photo.
aj

Post by aj »

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try over the weekend and by daylight. The machine is in different location too.

Cannot imagine to have overlooked any screws. But I'll see.

Ultramarine:
The front means the side where the lens is? Or possibly the inside seen from the control panel?

This one has some pcitures to work on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAUN-VISACUSTIC-10 ... dZViewItem
Kind regards,

André
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

The front means the side where the lens is?
Yes, you can see one screw (near the counter) in the photos of the auction.
I have opened my 2000 visacustic (similar to the 1000) but I'm quite positive that you must unscrew 2 screws at the front to remove the back cover.