I am the WINNER!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

T-Scan

I am the WINNER!

Post by T-Scan »

Of this nice Scoopic DS8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I've been hunting for one for over a month, now I can shoot DS8 100D! 10 minutes per spool!
100D and Vision 3 please
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Congratulations!

Are you processing yourself?

I just picked up a Scoopic 16 MS and I LOVE IT. The autoload is amazing after dealing with K3's for so long.
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

Will2 wrote:Congratulations!

I just picked up a Scoopic 16 MS and I LOVE IT. The autoload is amazing after dealing with K3's for so long.
I think I may want to get into processing this winter... been reading up a little on it. A Lomo tank would possibly be ideal for E6 100ft loads of DS8.
I'm super excited to shoot 100D, but still wish maybe 50D would get perfed as well.
100D and Vision 3 please
aj

Post by aj »

T-Scan wrote:
Will2 wrote:Congratulations!

I think I may want to get into processing this winter... been reading up a little on it. A Lomo tank would possibly be ideal for E6 100ft loads of DS8.
I'm super excited to shoot 100D, but still wish maybe 50D would get perfed as well.
A 100ft LOMO may take longer to find than the camera.
Somebody here was offering one...
Kind regards,

André
avr

Post by avr »

Congrats, I have one and its a great camera. it´s amazing to shoot 50+50 ft.
I shot Foma with great results. I hope to shoot with 100D ASAP
Guy Bennett

Post by Guy Bennett »

Interestingly, I had seen this camera in Trader Jim's shop many months ago. It looked great (as it does in the photos on ebay), but their price on it was pretty high -- several hundred dollars more than your winning bid. I guess it was more than their customers were willing to pay and they decided to auction it off. Best of luck with it.

Re the 100D: I was at Spectra this afternoon and the guy I spoke with commented that they would soon be offering it in super 8 (quite possibly before the end of year). He mentioned that they would do so by splitting the double super 8 stock. Ironically, he seemed unaware of that there were double super 8 cameras. I mentioned that I had seen one just a couple of months before, a Canon Scoopic, at Trader Jim's..., so you can imagine my surprise at the coincidence of seeing this post this afternoon!
paulcotto

Re: I am the WINNER!

Post by paulcotto »

You sure got the deal of the century on that camera! I just received my first processed roll of 100D back from Dwaynes and I am blown away by the saturated color and fine grain. I shot it in my brother’s back yard which has a nice shadow after about 1PM that makes it look like "Magic Hour" for the whole after noon. Even so the DS8 kept the f stop around f22 most of the time. No shadows in any of my shots of my niece playing in the pool with her mother. I will post a clip tomorrow night so you can see how wonderful it looks. The total price including processing and return mail for 100' for 100D DS8 is only $64.00 USD :D

Regards,
Paul Cotto

T-Scan wrote:Of this nice Scoopic DS8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I've been hunting for one for over a month, now I can shoot DS8 100D! 10 minutes per spool!
Don't worry about equipment so much and make your movie!
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

I have shot a few S8 rolls of 100D from Wittner. I was also blown away. but it's too hard to get it here. Word on the street is Kodak is tightening the belt, so we won't see any new stocks from them any time soon. But it's great that Spectra and John Schwind are offering the 7285. Spectra really wants to offer 7201 50D neg in S8, but the minimum order is 50G's for raw stock. I don't know how Schwind is managing the 100D, but maybe they can work something out for 50D the same?
100D and Vision 3 please
super8man

Post by super8man »

Sweet camera - nice price. Should be built like a tank if it is anything like my 16MS.

Be sure to let us know on the registration of the image once you get some results as I imagine it will be head and shoulders above normal super 8. One thing is that since DS8 was not very popular in its day, the camera probably has less miles on it that comparable low use super 8 cameras.