K40 processing

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Davey Stott

K40 processing

Post by Davey Stott »

Hi, ive just shot my very 1st rolll of super 8, (K40)
I ve just sent it off to Kodak Uk, ( i know it gets processed in switzerland)

how long do they usually take to process and send it back??
about the same as Kodachrome slide film?

cheers .
Old Uncle Barry

Post by Old Uncle Barry »

Depends on their workload/time of year.I have had a turnround of just five days but as long as fifteen days has been known.Generall though,seven to ten working days is the norm for me in the UK.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I sent three rolls in 11 days ago and they've not come back yet...suspect there is a Christmas backlog. For most of 2001 I was getting the stuff back well inside 2 weeks of posting it, but towards the end it was more like 3 weeks.

Was pleasantly surprised that my first ever Kodachrome slide film came back exactly one week after posting.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

I just got back 4 filmes. The turnaround time was about 2 weeks.

Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations

Post by Guest »

before kodak closed there processing plant at wimbledon i used to take my cine film to them for them repackage and send to switzerland...If its still the same set up,films were flown out on tuesdays and thursdays,so if you post your k40 on a monday,all being well its on a plane sometime tuesday.
Last year I posted 10x16mm k25 for processing in one package and a single k40 super 8 on its own.....16mm posted monday,back saturday....k40 took 2weeks!!!
Lucas Lightfeat

Post by Lucas Lightfeat »

Yeah, but it's all part of the fun, innit?

Unlike Hollywood's "dailies" Super8 film-makers, we are forced to view our "fortnightlies" to see how the shooting went, or if going to telecine, sending it off to a workprinter or cintel first, that could be monthlys!

Not for the nervous or impatient this business!

Lucas
studiocarter

where to?

Post by studiocarter »

What is the address to send the Kodak envelope to from the US? There is no address given on the package for a US source. I called Kodak and was told that film processing packages may no longer be sent to New Jersey, they will be sent BACK to you. I am to send it to Switzerland at my own expense. So, what IS the address?

Suisse: Case Postale, CH-1001 Lausanne :?:

I ordered it Tues morning and got it Wed morning, that was nice, $18.06 including postage. 1-800-621-FILM CAT NO. 505 3335

Michael
Actor

Post by Actor »

I called Kodak today, 2:25 p.m. EST, and (after considerable time on hold) was told, "If you mail it in the United States it goes to Fair Lawn, New Jersey."

Kodak Picture Processing
Fair Lawn, NJ

I don't think Kodak's left hand knows what it's right hand is doing. I have an eMail from Kodak saying that the Swiss lab is no longer processing K-40 and that Fair Lawn fortwards it to Austrailia or Japan. But someone else on this board says he called the Austrailian lab and they did not know what he was talking about.

This seems to be standard for Kodak. I also don't believe that Kodak has any real commitment to super8 and wishes it would go away.
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

I called 4 times now and was told all kinds of things. The product number: 505 3335 is for the European mailer. It may NOT be sent to NJ. It must be sent overseas to Switzerland, to the address on the mailer, at our expense. I said I wanted my money back. She will call me back.
Joyce in Fair Lawn was the contact. The problem is the European mailer. We are supposed to purchase USA mailers. She will send me an order form for the mailers which were quoted at $9.13 WITHOUT film.
The whole thing of getting cheap film with processing was BOGUS.

Post by Guest »

seems you lot are getting a raw deal from kodak...here in the uk, kodak motion picture ( UK ) are great, no waiting on hold, if they cant answer a question they get someone to ring you with the answer, excellent customer service, get my film next day from them
when I order......thanks kodak uk....

Post by Guest »

I've sent one cart wih PK-59 mailer to New Jersey and got it back in a couple of weeks. This was in December. Cat# was 505 3335.
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

They also actually said to try WalMart!!!! :evil:
studiocarter

finally

Post by studiocarter »

At 2 min before closing, Peter called me from Kodak. I keep names now. He said to just send it to Fair Lawn. They will accept it as a courtisy and send it to Switzerland.
Phew.
I am going to England soon, very soon, and I just wanted to start shooting again. There won't be a problem as I have a London address on the mailer; for now, however, they will do them. They just don't tell anyone that. There are US mailers that may be purchased so that the consumer actually pays the real mailing costs and not them. An order form is being sent to me so I may pruchase US mailers; I'll have to buy 4 or more at a time.

Michael

:roll:
Lucas Lightfeat

Post by Lucas Lightfeat »

I've got to agree with anonymous, that here in the UK, a country not known for good customer service, Kodak really is exceptionally good. Really well organised, helpful, good communication etc. I also believe that it is the same all over Europe. They are infact one of the best companies I've ever dealt with!

It seems strange that you are experiencing these problems in Kodak's home country. Good luck with it all....

Lucas
cineandy

Post by cineandy »

Hi, sorry that annonymous was me,too lazy to log in, kodak uk, excellent.. even got a xmas card from them...