got 'new' Nizo... not sure if exposure is working

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

danpuddick

Post by danpuddick »

looks like ellies off to Jessops on her lunch break.... although the whole day's a lunch break for fashion students right! :lol:

this branch (New Oxford street)is surprisingly good, considering all the cowboy camera/video/hifi stores in the area. Most of the staff are really quite knowledgable and when I dabbled in medium format a while back, they were really helpful, when I knew absolutely nothing. They took me seriously even though my camera was an absolute joke. Not once have I had the... 'what do you want to use that (cheap but loved peice of gear) for. you want to buy this (£1000s peice of commision giving equiptment)instead.
I think the fact they deal with all levels - tourist one hour jobs - to pros means that they take evryone on the same level.. and the art college near by must make them used to scruffy people who no nothing yet (like me) turning up ... requiring out of the ordinary things.... and a bit of sensible guidance

now if only their prices were the same as 7dayshop.... :wink:
keep on truckin'
daniel
danpuddick

Post by danpuddick »

'tears

yeah I'm enjoying here in SE although the weather is getting everybody down abit... even the locals. I'm waiting on the snow... for the skiing, the light and the back drop to a little film I'm planning. I've stayed in gothenburg for a while before and also studied swedish for year so I'm going ok...I'm doing a test to be qualified to study in swedish unis in the next few weeks. I'm losing the göteborsk accent a bit and picking up the Norrland one which is bit of a shame.... a beer or 2 and a mouthful of snus soon sorts that out... and it's good excuse to go down to the west coast for a bit of a party...

take it easy on the south coast.... I always planned to to time lapse of one of those great west pier sunsets...... you know... all the birds circling and swarming..to make into a flick book as gifts for all my family (they like their Bton nostalgia)---- then some rotter desides to burn it down.... :evil:
keep on truckin'
daniel
Old Uncle Barry

Post by Old Uncle Barry »

Pleased for you with all the information fellow users have given.Remember though,the 1.5v battery will suffice if you use a seperate lightmeter as all you need to do is to be able to electronically move the needle/aperture and,as this is decided by the lightmeter and you set the camera thus,you are home and dry.
Far better results in my opinion are achieved with a seperate meter and you canpurchase them at reasonable cost.
danpuddick

Post by danpuddick »

thanks Uncle barry..

it's my plan to get a seperate light meter when the right one comes up... it's of course nice to have the choice of meters (internal and seperate), but when I can't get my hands on any 1,35s and want to shoot that knowledge will be invaluble. any tips on a cheap but effective meter. one that I might find on ebay? maybe I should scan the archives for that.

Also does anyone know if the 1,2V rechargable AAs are enough to power the drive side of these cams?

It's great to have some experienced brains to pick... I'd be lost without the advice I read here!!! :D
keep on truckin'
daniel
Old Uncle Barry

Post by Old Uncle Barry »

Ebay is a good start,but if you want new,then try the Widescreen Centre in London.They have at very reasonable cost.The most expensive being only around 60GBP-NEW remember!
Other outlets are available too,but I only read about this one regarding meters within the last week.
Andersens Tears

Post by Andersens Tears »

danpuddick wrote:'tears

I've stayed in gothenburg for a while before and also studied swedish for year so I'm going ok...I'm doing a test to be qualified to study in swedish unis in the next few weeks. I'm losing the göteborsk accent a bit and picking up the Norrland one which is bit of a shame.... a beer or 2 and a mouthful of snus soon sorts that out...
take it easy on the south coast.... I always planned to to time lapse of one of those great west pier sunsets...... you know... all the birds circling and swarming..to make into a flick book as gifts for all my family (they like their Bton nostalgia)---- then some rotter desides to burn it down.... :evil:
Dan!

Cool! I was in Gothenburg for the Film Festival back in February. I shot loads of Tri-X ... I think the locals were puzzled as to who this guy was hanging around with a sleek silver Super-8 camera all the time!

Shot some K40 in August, have some footage of me playing Bränball
I have been studying Swedish here in Brighton for the past 3 years! I use it every time I'm in Sweden! It's great to speak another language!

I shot some K40 of the West Pier before and after the collapse, and before the fire/s*

Good luck with your Nizo and Swedish Studies!!

'Tears
:wink: