want to know where to get 64T processed in USA/CANADA?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

So is the rumour about Walmart confirmed? I guess i'll have to try it out.

Rusty
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

just dropped off 2 rolls at shopper's last week.

I'll let ya know if they're still handling the 64t processing with the change over to FUJI for their delivery (not qualex anymore).
justin lovell
cinematographer
8/16/35mm - 2k.5k.HDR.film transfers
http://www.framediscreet.com
GailM

Post by GailM »

what shoppers did you take the 64T to in Toronto? so shoppers (with the switchover to fuji) is taking the 64t, but not the K-40? they did take it from you?
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

I just dropped a roll of 64T to SHopper's on Queen West and Ryerson. At first they said no, but I said "E6" and once they saw an E6 box to check on the envelope they took it. I put a note saying "if you don't handle super 8 please return unopened." They said 10 days. I'll report back here.

Rick
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

GailM wrote:what shoppers did you take the 64T to in Toronto? so shoppers (with the switchover to fuji) is taking the 64t, but not the K-40? they did take it from you?
Who said anything about k-40?

I took the 64t to the shoppers at Pacific & dundas in high park. It shouldn't really matter where you take it though, they all get picked up by the same people.
justin lovell
cinematographer
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

Went to pick up my 64T from Shopper's today (was told 10 days) and the clerk said it's actually 3-4 weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

Rick
JCook

Post by JCook »

I to am curious about the Walmart processing outcome and if they're charging $4.88/cart for 64T.
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

I forgot I dropped mine off, I'll check in with them on monday and see where it stands. (Never got the call back from the fuji rep who was supposed to look into their 'new' delivery service -- seeing as shopper's isn't dealing with Qualex anymore and Fuji took it over).

I usually call before I go to pick anything up, (I also have them leave a note to call me if it arrives- like they'd ever do that though...) That wasn't very nice of me, they did call me last time, it was just 3 days after it had arrived.
justin lovell
cinematographer
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

no luck.

Got a call from shoppers and my 64T has been returned to them unprocessed. Looks like the changeover to FUJI instead of QUALEX at shoppers has put us super 8 shooters out of luck.

Any word back on pharmaplus or walmart in canada for processing 64t?vidwerk or anyone else?
justin lovell
cinematographer
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

jusetan wrote:no luck.

Got a call from shoppers and my 64T has been returned to them unprocessed. Looks like the changeover to FUJI instead of QUALEX at shoppers has put us super 8 shooters out of luck.

Any word back on pharmaplus or walmart in canada for processing 64t?vidwerk or anyone else?
Just talked to a Qualex rep today. She said they don't handle it, but they might not know what there talking about. Looks like we are out of luck for the time being.

vidwerk.
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

did ya check to see if they deal with 'district photo' as previously, shopper's would be picked up by qualex, sent to district photo, then sent to dwaynes...
justin lovell
cinematographer
GailM

Post by GailM »

A few days ago I asked the lab person at my neighborhood shoppers (Lawrence Plaza) if they take 64T for processing. She didn't know, called the Fuji rep and inquired about the stock and was told that Fuji picks up the 64T, then sends it to Qual-x which ships it out for processing, and then back to Fuji for delivery to Shoppers. I was right there when the call was made, heard the exchange and immediately got the information.

The consistancy and accuracy of information you get from Qual-x telephone reps really varies. I would't go by what one agent says.

Gail
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

hmph.

first hand experience shows that they are not outsourcing 64T anymore at shopper's drug mart.

can anyone prove otherwise, or prove a new valid source for drop off in Canada? I've got 2 rolls waiting to be sent out, just need to figure out if i should take it to walmart or pharma-plus (or someone else).

Sucks too, 'cause the girls at my local shopper's were really cool, and I really felt comfortable leaving my film with them.

I dunno if i'd feel the same way about trusting the walmart employees....
justin lovell
cinematographer
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I think I'll make a trip to my local Walmart. I forgot to change the exposure meter battery in my new GAF ST/102. I shot half of my test film with the GAF and the other with my Kodak Instamatic M2. If this dosnt work at Walmart I will send it directly to Dwaynes

Rusty
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

Update on my efforts:
Bad News: 5 weeks later and still no sign of my 64T from Shopper's.

Good News: Exclusive Film and Video, the main super 8 lab for most of us in Toronto, is finally switching over to E6 processing at the end of June and should be ready for Ektachrome by July.

Exclusive has been "my lab" for a decade and they've done all my reversal work up until the change in Ektachrome (including all the processing for Sleep Always). I am happy as heck. (Personally I am probably going to start shooting mostly negative super 8 but I teach a lot of workshops and having a colour reversal lab in town again is major).

For Toronto shooters who have been bringing Ektachrome 7240 to Exclusive, better get those last rolls in now.

Rick