"Pass The Cart" project, Official Thread

Collaborative film projects
Patrick

Re: "Pass The Cart" project, Official Thread

Post by Patrick »

Ive just come back from my shoot. My gosh, it was tough. I went to the airport to film the various activities over there in time lapse. For the first shot, I set up the camera by a large window overlooking a plane. I managed to film that thing (that allows the passengers to board) move away from the plane in single frame. I then continued to expose frames, waiting for the plane to move away. Unfortunately, it was a long time waiting and I was continously wasting film as nothing much was happening at the moment. So I decided to stop the camera. A few seconds after I stopped shooting, the plane began to move away. I quickly resumed filming, knowing regrettably that there will be a jump cut. Later on, I filmed a few shots of planes at different angles and framing sizes so perhaps whoever is editing this can insert one of these shots inbetween the first two shots, eliminating the jump cut.

However, I think my footage of the plane moving off and turning around will be very brief. I just hope it won't be too brief. Though perhaps there could be a little montage of quick duration shots of planes rotating and moving......that might work. Unfortunately, there was another instance where I was shooting away, expecting some vehicles around one of the planes to move but they didn't during the filming. Don't worry, I kept within my 10 feet but I wasted so much film waiting for things to happen. There are two particular shots that go on for quite some time with very little acivity so these can be trimmed excessively.
brokenflashlight

Post by brokenflashlight »

Allllright, Pat. Good going! Cart 3 rolling/lolling along. Richard p.t. next up. Let's wrap!
There can be no thought of finishing, for "aiming at the stars" both literally and figuratively is a problem to occupy generations, so that no matter how much progress one makes there is always the thrill of just beginning.

-Dr. Robert Goddard
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

WHERE IS ROMEOJESUS??
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

lastcoyote wrote:WHERE IS ROMEOJESUS??
Where is ROMEO?, JESUS!
Where IS ROMEO?, JESUS?
Where ROMEO is! -JESUS!

Back at woork -Man, I'm bored. Me want home.
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

OK, Im done. I tried to tell a story in 30 seconds. I dont know if I even came close to doing it. Time will tell, I guess. Heres a still shot to commorate the event. Cart 1 in the mail to Hong Kong tomorrow. Thought Id better take advantage of the sunshine. Theres another storm coming in in a couple of days. I used a metronome to time the shots. I set it at 60 bpm. I doubt I shoot without a metronome again. Maybe not for every shot but it made it easier to shoot for time.
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

flatwood wrote:OK, Im done. I tried to tell a story in 30 seconds. I dont know if I even came close to doing it. Time will tell, I guess. Heres a still shot to commorate the event. Cart 1 in the mail to Hong Kong tomorrow. Thought Id better take advantage of the sunshine. Theres another storm coming in in a couple of days. I used a metronome to time the shots. I set it at 60 bpm. I doubt I shoot without a metronome again. Maybe not for every shot but it made it easier to shoot for time.
Cowboy!!!! that's beautiful still shot!!! and beautiful clapboard wordings you got there.!

I can't wait to finish off my cart and process.

BTW. What's your ending like?... see if I can fade in and match your end shot as continutes story..hahahah.

you still have my address?

Last Coyote
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

lastcoyote wrote:BTW. What's your ending like?... see if I can fade in and match your end shot as continutes story..hahahah.

you still have my address?

Last Coyote
Supposedly once I got to the "crossroads" with my guitar I vanished and all that was left (last shot) is the blackened footprints (spray painted in the middle of the road), a burning map and flames all around.

Just as we were rolling film for that last two second shot a pickup truck came roaring down the road being chased by a small dog. There had been no traffic all day.

We finished the shot but before I could grab a still the driver screeched to a stop and demanded to know what we were burning in the middle of the road. I wish I had been thinking fast enough to come up with some bullsh*t (burning my wife's bra) answer but I told him about the PTC2 project and he gave me a blank stare and drove off.

I was wearing my PTC t-shirt BTW, and yes, the cart is addressed and ready to go b4 the day is out.
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

lastcoyote wrote:BTW. What's your ending like?... see if I can fade in and match your end shot as continutes story..hahahah.
PS: I put a photocopy of the map to the crossroads in the package with the film.
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

LC, one more thing.... IT'S IN THE MAIL, coming by AIR to you. Should be there the end of next week I'd guess. Good luck with your part of the cart.

According to my camera's footage counter I used 9.5 feet. Hopefully there's some left for you. I counted seconds and I went to 30. I hope someone comes up with the cart that TIm and the others are on.

That's it from me until you need me for sound. What about titling and credits??? I can do that too while Im laying the sound down. Ive collected even more music tracks this year too. No techno or hip hop though. My bag is more blues and bluegrass with a little gospel thrown in just in case!!! :D
etimh

Post by etimh »

Man, flat, your segment sounds really cool. Can't wait to see it. And thanks for all the "extra" work you're putting into this. Blues, bluegrass, (and even some gospel ;]) sound great to me!

No word from romeojesus. If it happens again...I don't know...it will be a serious downer. I think vidwerk wrote him a snail mail letter last month (?!), and still nothing. Very strange.

But good to hear about your success!

Take care,

Tim
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

etimh wrote:No word from romeojesus. If it happens again...I don't know...it will be a serious downer. I think vidwerk wrote him a snail mail letter last month (?!), and still nothing. Very strange.
Tim
There must be something we can do. I am happy to pay for another cart of E64. You all really have to be on the final film. It's not justice for one person to interfere with so many lives. I don't think my heart would be in the sound track and final assembly without these pieces in the puzzle.

This last shoot I did for the project was my FOURTH take since we began the PTC2. This cart I just sent LC was the second time it had passed through my hands. The first time my camera quit on me so I passed it along.

It was more painful each time to find the get up to go again. I know just how you must feel being at the mercy of someone you don't even know (and this is the third time for you).

There is a philosophy I recently heard about. It's from the Dalai Lama. Im working on a film festival film project starting in about a week based around some instrumental music that my co-writer put together inspired by her experience seeing him in Atlanta. It's an oblique treatment but thematic; and I paraphrase, if you can't do something good, then at least don't do anything bad.
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

I mailed the letter to romeojesus on the 12th of August. It's been over a month.
I don't see him making contact. This shit really pisses me off. Perhaps someone can pay him a visit. Anyone live near Cologne Germany?
For my portion of the cart I filmed the Toronto skyline during "earth hour" as all the lights went off and then back on a hour later. I'll never get to see that.
If we start up a new cart now, It'll take forever to complete.
Let's face it, the curse has stuck from the get go.

vidwerk.
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

Hmm next time we should just make a film project that is “what did you film between DATE and DATE.” Contribute your best footage. That way no one can hold back the project.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Hey Cowboy!... the film arrived and it's safe in my hand now.

I'll deal with the shooting this weekend and send out for processing.

just a quick reply before the longest... lethal meeting before the weekend.

let you all know later tonight.
etimh

Post by etimh »

I have filmed 3 times for the two "pass" projects. All three have been lost. I think I'm done with it, guys. So long.

Tim