2nd annual "OPEN TIME-LAPSE PROJECT"

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

kentbulza

And since everyong is asking...

Post by kentbulza »

Single-8 or DS8? I'd like to double-expose but still come in with film compatible with the rest of the project.
Petteri

Post by Petteri »

You can count me in :D

Petteri
kentbulza

Will detailed rules be posted

Post by kentbulza »

I want to know film stock, format, which 24 hours (local?, GMT?), fps, use of dialog, sync, no-sync, wild sync. Etc.
TomFoolery

Post by TomFoolery »

yeah! having recently discovered this forum, i'm stoked... count me in. very interested in seeing last years, also. i assume that it will be streaming on this site when done editing? having not participated last year, would i be able to get a copy somehow (if it's good :wink:) ? it could be a great thing to show the film classes i teach.
All that is, is light.
Ralph S

Post by Ralph S »

TomFoolery wrote:yeah! having recently discovered this forum, i'm stoked... count me in. very interested in seeing last years, also. i assume that it will be streaming on this site when done editing? having not participated last year, would i be able to get a copy somehow (if it's good :wink:) ? it could be a great thing to show the film classes i teach.
I don't know. I'm "very" interested in seeing last year's too. I helped shoot it and I would like to know where my copy is...

Isn't anyone else concerned about getting last year's project finished?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello
I want to know film stock, format, which 24 hours (local?, GMT?), fps, use of dialog, sync, no-sync, wild sync. Etc.
I think that the freedom to choose the film stock (for any filmaker) should remain a characteristic of the project.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello,
Ralph S wrote: Isn't anyone else concerned about getting last year's project finished?
Yes of course, I would like to see the last year project soon.

Why don't we wait to see the completion of the last year project ?
At least a web version would be good before to shoot the 2004 version of the project..
What do you think about ?
Regards,

Daniel
Jam

Post by Jam »

8) please count me in too!!

I will be using Single-8 R25N for the shooting!

Cheers
Jam
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

I am pleased to announce that the edit for the 1st annual "OPEN TIMELAPSE PROJECT" is done. However, due to a very hectic work schedule lately, I will only be able to upload it(SVCD) to this website on Sunday or Monday. Thanks to all for your patience.
Cheers, Simon.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Well done, Simon! I can't wait to see it!
calgodot

Announce in Projects Forum?

Post by calgodot »

Will someone official officially open the 2nd Annual Timelapse Project by posting a thread in the Projects forum?
"I'm the master of low expectations. I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."—George W. Bush, June 4, 2003
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Yes! Within May 1st the new project will be published and official so everyone can join in.

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
scott

Time Lapse

Post by scott »

Is the film up? Where can it be found?

If I get the right camera in time, I'll be in the 2004 project. My current super8 cam doesn't do automatice time lapse. And the thought of pushing a cable release a few thousand times is not too appealing!

Scott
Independent Filmmaker
http://www.lytewave.com/
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I recall that there was a discussion some time ago choosing a name for the film. I thought that there was going to be a vote for the most suitable title out of everyone's contributions...
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

A name would be great. Currently it's name is "THE TIMELAPSE PROJECT", which I don't mind. Its meaning is direct and to the point. Any other suggestions? If not, I'll leave it the way it is. I know I said I would have it uploaded by last night but I encountered some encoding issues that I was tackling until the wee hours of the morning. Mainly trying to get the best compression for a reasonable file size. I will probably upload 2 files later tonight. One PAL and one NTSC.
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers, Simon.