Getting ultrawide lens to work?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

vidwerk

Getting ultrawide lens to work?

Post by vidwerk »

I while back I purchased an "ultrawide lens type NIZO I". I tried to fit it on my "Nizo S56"(non-macro capable). In a previous topic, someone stated that this ultrawide lens is only to be used on Nizo's with macro capabilities. I also have a macro lens attachment for my S56 and when pairing it up with my ultrawide the image is still blurry. I also have a "Bauer royal 8E macro" which when put into macro mode with my Nizo ultrawide attached, still made the image blurry. The only time the ultrawide lens looked OK on film was when using it with my S56 at the most wide setting with my subject only 4-5 feet from the lens.

Does anyone know the proper way to film with this type of lens?
Does anyone know of any attachments/adapters I can get to make this work?

Thanks, Simon. :idea:
mIke

Post by mIke »

>I also have a "Bauer royal 8E macro" which when put
into macro mode with my Nizo ultrawide attached, still made the image blurry.>

Hi Simon

what image is it, viewfinder or on film ?
I think at least for the viewfinder image of a camera with the neovaron 7,5-60 macro you should be able to achieve a clear and split image focussed picture with a Nizo UWL 1 attached. Note the multi focal length' possible for the Neovaron m in the macro mode.
Good luck!

instructions for Nizo Ultrawide

Post by Guest »

To paraphrase the Nizo instructions:

Attach the lens to the camera. Set the lens to infinity. With the camera in macro mode, focus on an object 1 meter away. Use only the macro to focus. At that point, the depth of field is .5 meters to infinity. Basically, once it's focused, it's a point and shoot. You can also focus on closer objects using the macro. I use a ultrawide 2 on my 1048 and the focus is super sharp. The width of the picture is amazing.

I don't thing a macro attachment lens will work with the Ultrawide.

Regards,

Al
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

Thanks guys. Worked like a charm, on the Bauer that is. I don't know what I was doing wrong before.
I've only tried this once using film. It was with my Nizo. Even though the split image appeared to be out of focus the whole time, the only part of my subject to be in focus on the developed film was at a distance of 5 feet or less. Strange.

Thanks again, Simon. :idea: