wendigo

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

laurence

wendigo

Post by laurence »

Has anyone seen Larry Fessenden's "Wendigo"? Apparently it's shot on s8 and DV. Does anyone know how much s8 was used? How it looked? The website for the movie says it's currently showing in Pasadena, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis and Boston. I plan to check it out this weekend.
robbie

Post by robbie »

ive been reading about and awaitng this film. there's a good article in american cinematographer (last month's issue?) on this . cant remeber all the techniques, but sounds quite intriquing. didnt know they used the dv format as well.
dan

Post by dan »

wnedigo was shot in super 16.
laurence

Post by laurence »

On the site for the film, in the Notes subsection "from the director", which reads like an artist's statement, it says "...shooting footage on s8mm and DV..." No mention is made of super16 or any other format.

http://www.glasseyepix.com/html/nowe.html
laurence

Post by laurence »

But now that I read it again, it's not exactly clear. It could be read to mean that s8 and DV were used in preproduction and maybe the production was done on something else, possibly super 16. I'm now confused. Anyone know for sure?