video tap for super8

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Pepe

video tap for super8

Post by Pepe »

hi,

i would be very intersted in any experience on using a cheap, custom made, video tap with 1 of those mini spycams or other.

i have tried to search on the archives but the search gives me 'no matches found' (i wonder if it is because of the three letter only word tap). i tried with only 'video' but, of course, i get hundresds of answers.

any help?

thanks,

p.pe
Lunar07

Re: video tap for super8

Post by Lunar07 »

Pepe wrote:hi,

i would be very intersted in any experience on using a cheap, custom made, video tap with 1 of those mini spycams or other.

i have tried to search on the archives but the search gives me 'no matches found' (i wonder if it is because of the three letter only word tap). i tried with only 'video' but, of course, i get hundresds of answers.

any help?

thanks,

p.pe
Search for Video Paul and choose Search for all Terms.
Why Paul? Search and you'll discover why :D
Ultrazero

Post by Ultrazero »

this is the only one i've ever seen...

http://jl-site.com/Super8/S8VideoTap.html
paulcotto

Post by paulcotto »

I did a few posts on the subject a few months ago. I made one for my cameras using a microscope to c-mount adapter. Here is one of the threads>

viewtopic.php?t=2073&highlight=video+as ... 981e8af6f0

Regards,
Paul Cotto
Don't worry about equipment so much and make your movie!
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

hi again,

thanks for those answers. i did check the super8guy site, but i couldn't find any of those 'sony cigar cams' at the sony site. looking throug ebay(france) i saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... egory=3315

it doesn't specify the lens (though says can focus from 30mm to infinity, apparently 12mm lens should be ok?) or the minimum light conditions. i guess that adapting it to the viewfinder wouldn't be too hard with some tape or similar (as far as my d.p. 'accepts' focusing with the video assist help:). as for a monitor i can borrow one... the camera is so cheap... do you think it could work?

paul, i also took a look at your your post, but i couldn't see those images (broken link). are they in the picture area of the site right now?

(video + paul gave shorter results, thanks for the tip, but i still cannot see the stills)

thanks,

p.pe