JK Sale

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Wade

JK Sale

Post by Wade »

Since these old school independent film maker machines are almost never for sale used, I thought I'd share what is apparently a pristine JK 103 Optical Printer. eBay item number:173682136884. It looks to be a model made before Jaako offered his programming board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JK-Optical-Pri ... :rk:1:pf:0
Wade
Wade

Re: JK Sale

Post by Wade »

Wow. It was on eBay less than a day....
Wade
David M. Leugers

Post by David M. Leugers »

I've always dreamed of having one. What a project it would be to blow up all my best 8mm and Super 8 footage to 16mm. (I could reduce my 16mm down, but I'd prefer to have a projectable film master in 16mm.) Probably another project I'd never get the time to get around to doing...
Will2

Post by Will2 »

I know it's fun doing it yourself but I bet Tommy at www.videofilmsolutions.com could probably do that for you at a fair price...he works with the National Archives to do all sorts of film services. He can do 16mm optical sound as well.
Wade

Post by Wade »

While I have one of these, and use it mainly for the mundane task of converting film to digital, and it can be used for blowups, etc., I think the main interest nowadays is in an artistic use. There seems to be no end to the way these have been used to explore the basic photo-chemical-mechanical aspects of film. The handmade-film movement, film schools, and artist-run independent film labs love these little printers.
Wade