Even a reporter for the NYTimes doesn’t know the difference between film and Video

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

c-stand

Even a reporter for the NYTimes doesn’t know the difference between film and Video

Post by c-stand »

Even a New York Times reporter doesn’t seem to understand the difference between film and video. He’s probably too young to even remember 8mm film:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/26/us/j ... ation.html

He calls the Zapruder Film a 26 second “Home Video”
Tscan

Re: Even a reporter for the NYTimes doesn’t know the difference between film and Video

Post by Tscan »

The Youtube link is a horrid VHS transfer of the film. I doubt the Feds have the resources to pull as much info out of that film as any post house with a Scan Station.

"The film has become too brittle to run through a projector"
I doubt that, but would not trust an old Bell & Howell with a $16 million dollar film reel.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
Mmechanic

Re: Even a reporter for the NYTimes doesn’t know the difference between film and Video

Post by Mmechanic »

What is New York Times?
:ymsmug:
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

NY Times is an American newspaper in New York City.
The younger generation does not remember film . Many times on Ebay I have spotted reel to reel tape recorders being sold as film projectors in the movie projector category.