Logmars ready to purchase at Pro8mm

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

carllooper

Re: Logmars ready to purchase at Pro8mm

Post by carllooper »

aj wrote:It is a year old thread. From the time things were in progress :)

Revived because Escubria would like know if production of the Logmar has ceased and what likely was the reason for that.
Ah yes. My mistake. I restarted a conversation that was almost a year old. But I learned something I didn't know in the process: that RX lenses can be re-calibrated (re-collimated) to work on non reflex cameras.

In answer to Escubria, on the website it currently says:
The Logmar Super-8 camera was designed from ground up to be the most powerful 8mm camera on the market, surpassing any other camera ever build for this format in terms of image quality and features.
The camera body is manufactured in aircraft grade "6061 alloy" aluminium which has undergone glass blasting, chemical polishing and black anodizing to give the best possible surface finish.

Fifty of these cameras were build in conjunction with the fifty year anniversary of Super-8 in one batch in late 2014.
Today the Logmar S-8 camera is a sought after collectors item as we no longer manufacture this camera.
While it says fifty cameras were made to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of Super8, it implies this was all there ever was going to be. However at the time this certainly was not the case. The first batch were called "beta" versions, after which would then be release versions, and if required, the beta ones upgraded accordingly. No upgrades to the beta versions have been necessary, other than firmware, and some repairs on some that were unintentionally abused.

But there have been no more takers for any more of the cameras. And so I guess they decided to cease keeping this option open - no doubt due to their time now taken up on the new camera designs they are pursuing.

C
Carl Looper
http://artistfilmworkshop.org/