All initial 40x Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sold

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Nicholas Kovats

All initial 40x Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sold

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

All forty (40) Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sold as part of the introductory beta program. Split evenly between European and North American markets. I am not surprised. And I am on record in this forum as stating as such.

http://www.logmar.dk/

"Beta program is completely sold out!
Posted on August 23, 2014 by admin

We have just sold out our entire beta program.

Everyone who has come forward and got a spot in the program will receive their purchase contract by Monday the 25th of August.

We are extremely excited with the prospect of delivering all these cameras as soon as possible!

Thanks for your early support, we wouldn’t have been able to pull this off without you.

Best regards

Tommy L. Madsen, CEO"
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
nikonr10

Re: All initial 40x Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sol

Post by nikonr10 »

Nicholas Kovats wrote:All forty (40) Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sold as part of the introductory beta program. Split evenly between European and North American markets. I am not surprised. And I am on record in this forum as stating as such.

http://www.logmar.dk/

"Beta program is completely sold out!
Posted on August 23, 2014 by admin

We have just sold out our entire beta program.

Everyone who has come forward and got a spot in the program will receive their purchase contract by Monday the 25th of August.

We are extremely excited with the prospect of delivering all these cameras as soon as possible!

Thanks for your early support, we wouldn’t have been able to pull this off without you.

Best regards

Tommy L. Madsen, CEO"
Good for them ! not a cheap camera to buy in this age for a super 8 camera ? still if I had that kind of buck's would have gone for a super 16 camera 2nd hand ?
grainy

Post by grainy »

Super exciting! People WANT to shoot film -- they want to shoot super 8 film -- and they will invest in a serious mechanism to do it. For a professional this is a nice little device to keep in your gig bag, for the amateur, it competes with stuff like the "digital bolex", which is more expensive and requires top to bottom color correction each and every time just to get that 16mm or Super 8 look. I find it all very heartening.
G
aj

Post by aj »

That is quick.

Apparently plenty people have good faith in the future of Super-8.
Considering the price of a cartridges and the cost per minute of that the camera possibly wasn't that expensive.
I.e. a Canon 1014xls with cartridges of some $5 and now the Logmar with cartridges at $25
Kind regards,

André
doug

Post by doug »

aj wrote:That is quick.

Considering the price of a cartridges and the cost per minute of that the camera possibly wasn't that expensive.
1014xls with cartridges of some $5 and now the Logmar with cartridges at $25
Agree. And hope Kodak continue to have faith too.
It only looks expensive in 2014 when one compares the costs with digital. Which one inevitably does, but is not really fair. Film is and always will be a totally different medium. And that's the very reason why people are buying this new super-8 camera along with the many old used ones out there. If I was making a serious super-8 film, which I'm currently not, I would definitely be looking at the Logmar.

If all these 40 cameras have been sold (without advertising :roll: am I right ?) there must be quite a few more potential buyers.
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
aj

Post by aj »

doug wrote:

1014xls with cartridges of some $5 and now the Logmar with cartridges at $25
Agree. And hope Kodak continue to have faith too.
It only looks expensive in 2014 when one compares the costs with digital. Which one inevitably does, but is not really fair. Film is and always will be a totally different medium. And that's the very reason why people are buying this new super-8 camera along with the many old used ones out there. If I was making a serious super-8 film, which I'm currently not, I would definitely be looking at the Logmar.

If all these 40 cameras have been sold (without advertising :roll: am I right ?) there must be quite a few more potential buyers.
A website counts as advertising :) Pro8mm organized a camera show day.
I don't know about the same for Europe. Likely there wasn't anything like that.
Possibly all went out thanks to informal referencing.
Kind regards,

André
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

I.e. a Canon 1014xls with cartridges of some $5 and now the Logmar with cartridges at $25
The cool thing about the Logmar is that they will have a 200ft mag for it and Pro8mm, and probably others too will sell the spools. Pro8mm already makes their own S8 film, so spools won't be a problem. This camera may BE the future of S8.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

This is very good news. 40 cameras at once... that's easy to say!

Being such a "expensive" (not really) camera and proffessional, it definitely shows there is interest in the format.
marc

Post by marc »

O.K. here I go, the profit of doom again. What good is a limited production run, state of the art, combustion engine Lamborghini, which costs over one million dollars, when oil becomes obsolete?
Last edited by marc on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Rima Laibow Warns Globalists Preparing New Bio Attack / Learn the Secret History of COVID
https://banned.video/watch?id=64405470faba4278d462a791
Still want to call me a Nutter?!!!!
Nicholas Kovats

Glad to see your consistent pessimism, Marc. I was getting worried.
Nicholas Kovats
marc

Post by marc »

Nicholas Kovats wrote:Glad to see your consistent pessimism, Marc. I was getting worried.
Never fear, you can always count on my negativity! It's a dirty job and I chose to do it!
Dr. Rima Laibow Warns Globalists Preparing New Bio Attack / Learn the Secret History of COVID
https://banned.video/watch?id=64405470faba4278d462a791
Still want to call me a Nutter?!!!!
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

marc wrote:O.K. here I go, the profit of doom again. What good is a limited production run, state of the art, combustion engine Lamborghini, which costs over one million dollars, when oil becomes obsolete?
Hoy much would you pay for a NEW Super8 camera? This one is no expensive at all. Those Canons and Beaulieus were much more expensive in their time...
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

MIKI-814 wrote:
marc wrote:O.K. here I go, the profit of doom again. What good is a limited production run, state of the art, combustion engine Lamborghini, which costs over one million dollars, when oil becomes obsolete?
Hoy much would you pay for a NEW Super8 camera? This one is no expensive at all.
Well I won't pay the $5500 they're estimating the mass production price tag will be. Hopefully it's just a bluff to get people to but the initial batch. I can get a nice A-minima S16 for 5K.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

Tscan wrote:
MIKI-814 wrote:
Hoy much would you pay for a NEW Super8 camera? This one is no expensive at all.
Well I won't pay the $5500 they're estimating the mass production price tag will be. Hopefully it's just a bluff to get people to but the initial batch. I can get a nice A-minima S16 for 5K.
That what I think as well ! there really alot off nice stuff ,2nd hand in super 16mm out there too at that kind of price , well there still life in this old gal of a film format,
happy for that ,
Nicholas Kovats

And where and what is your source for a $5,000 Aaton A-Minima? Could luck on sourcing the specific A wind cores.
Nicholas Kovats