Nizo (3056) Red light flashing

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Ektagraphic

Nizo (3056) Red light flashing

Post by Ektagraphic »

Hello-
I have a Nizo 3056 and the manual is in German. I have read others for similar models that are in English and from what I gather, when I am filming, if the film is transporting through the camera normally, a green dot should appear in the top left of the viewfinder. What does this mean? Is it because I am using non-sound film in the sound camera?

Patrick
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
wado1942

Re: Nizo (3056) Red light flashing

Post by wado1942 »

I may sound stupid, but I hide it well.
http://www.gcmstudio.com
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

The manual I found is there but they don't have the exact one for this model.
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
gaugefilm

Post by gaugefilm »

Film transport check is top left. Green lights up at intervals if film is being transported properly... Green lights up continuously if the film has completely run through or is not being transported properly (I'm assuming a jamming issue). Thats what my 6056 instructions say and I would assume it's relevant to the 3056.

All the best
Kev
www.gaugefilm.co.uk
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

Hmmm.I have a flashing red light.....Perhaps this model has a red one? The instructions that I have show a picture of the green light though...
gaugefilm

Post by gaugefilm »

Very odd, I've just put some batteries in a 3048 and run a bit of film through. Flashing green light is on the top left... red light is in top right with this one as well.

Kev
www.gaugefilm.co.uk
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

gaugefilm wrote:red light is in top right
That's the "filter signal" (if the viewfinder is the same as for the 60xx-models)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This space was left intenionally blank.
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

This is slightly confusing. The film seems to be going through the camera normally....
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi,

I just took a look at the German manual for the 3056/3048. Differences to the 6056/6080:
  • Lights at the top: No difference. In other words: The lamp in the upper left can't be red as it can only light up in green either in intervals (film gets transported) or constantly (end of film has been reached)! And the lamp in the upper right is supposed to be red (filter signal)!
  • Apperture scale looks a little bit different and doesn't "light up".
  • Voltage testing and recording level are the same for the 3056 and the 6056/6080. (Except for the fact that on the 3056 the circle in the lower right also is illuminated when encountering overvoltage while checking the batteries.)
Jörg
Last edited by jpolzfuss on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

Then perhaps something happened to the LED making it appear red?
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Maybe the camera got "serviced" by someone that didn't have the correct LED and hence used a different one? Or maybe that someone confused the LEDs during reassembly (e.g. mixed up the LEDs for filter signal and transport)?
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

The filter signal seems to be working just as it should and when film is being transported, the left led is flashing but is red and is constant when there is no film in the camera. I am just going to assume it works. I haven't shot with this camera yet. Does anyone have any recommendations for Nizo service in the US?