100D and tungsten

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

JesseLeeCable

100D and tungsten

Post by JesseLeeCable »

I just had a roll of 100D processed. mostly shot outdoors but some shot under tungsten lights with a screw on filter. I used a Canon DS8 camera.
I couldn't be happier with the indoor shots. I used a 600 watt key light and a 250 watt fill light.
Sorry I'm analog and can't post a clip but I'll work on that.
Spectra did the processing.
Jean Poirier

Re: 100D and tungsten

Post by Jean Poirier »

Hi. What filter did you use indoor? Jean
JesseLeeCable

Re: 100D and tungsten

Post by JesseLeeCable »

I used a blue 80a filter that screws onto the front of the lens and adjusted the ASA to the very slow 20ASA. I set up a 600 watt light that stayed stationery and a 250 watt that I moved as close to the actor as possible to maintain an iris of 2.8 or 4 and light stay out of the shot. That is, I had to settle for 2.4 on the wide shots, but the light is consistent from shot to shot.
The actor wore a black outfit and the set was white fabric with a brick wall peaking through. There was a window in a few shots but not a lot of sunlight coming into the room.
The skin tones are accurate, the blacks are black and the whites are a bit warm.
I hope to have the film transferred soon. I'll put something on line as soon as I can.