7363 et all

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

studiocarter

7363 et all

Post by studiocarter »

Here is a link to developing lith film in large format still darkrooms.
[url]http://www.largeformatphotography.info/ ... hp?t=72061[/url]
It is of interest because I used to send my high contrast movie film to Andec but this may be a way to self process some.
BMasson

Re: 7363 et all

Post by BMasson »

I understand that Andes does a good job of processing 7363. Have you tried any of the labs here in the U.S.? If so, what were the results like? I have had 7363 processed in the States, but the results have not always been consistent. This film stock can be difficult at times. I would like to hear some of your feedback. Brad M.
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

I think it was Yale then Cine Lab and both were good. Exposing it is the difficult part and I learned a lot. I shot both 8mm regular and 16mm films.
Chris-B

Post by Chris-B »

Developing it as negative is very simple if you have a spiral, as you can process it under a red safety light and see the image coming out in the developer.

Once it looks developed enough, from memory the frames will be almost black on one side, stop or just wash and then fix.

It's much like processing your own black and white paper prints.

So, if you have over or under exposed the whole reel you can compensate for it, as you can actually see the film developing!

Chris
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

That is really neat!
Then, you could bi-pack it with another piece of the film, emulsion to emulsion, and run it through a projector to print it!
Chris-B

Post by Chris-B »

That's what we do to print film, use 7363 as the print stock.
But we use a modified (blacked out) 16mm steenbeck, bi-pack it and then print.
It's really simple.

I sure for super/reg 8 it would be very simple to modify a projector or some kind of viewer.
A variable speed one would work well so you can have control over the exposure.

Most developers work fine, I think it was just general photographic paper developers that worked best.

Chris.