Keepers of the frame

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Keepers of the frame

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Here's a very recommended documentary for those of you who are interested in film history and film preservation:

Keepers of the frame

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
lealar

Re: Keepers of the frame

Post by lealar »

Great documentary. Never really knew about Vitaphone (though I've seen the label on the credits of many of the older B&W's I've seen). Also got to see a hands on of how three layer technicolor works. Many thanks.
zantizoom8

Post by zantizoom8 »

oh really. you should have been thinking more when you went ahead with this. the small guage forum is not in a semetic need at the moment. this provides no insight to the topic or forum script. you will find someone attempting to pick out the word, and relay a message or dominant theme. canm't you find somewhere on the site for such property that can remain in endurance for time and memoryies. i am NOT the bit bitch with a bucket to burn. brought back from coronary sment by stent and decision. i dont know what we are going to do with all that potato salad, but i would know if it were kodachrome 40. regards, Proust. :mrgreen:
Forward, into the past.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

What???

You must be drunk... :wink:
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
David M. Leugers

Post by David M. Leugers »

Thanks for the link! I have read somewhere that the restoration facility near Dayton Ohio has moved out of state, to Maryland I think. Within the past year I
attended a showing of 35mm film that the George Eastman House owned of several silent films. The spokesman appealed to the audience that funds were needed to restore the films before they were lost forever. Deterioration was very
evident and once started, nitrate goes pretty quickly. With all the waste of money in this country, one would hope that the preservation of motion picture history would be enough of a priority to matter. So far, not as much as we'd like but a great deal has been done mostly through private donations. I think us small gauge users have fared much better. I have seen miles and miles of amateur 8 and 16mm footage up to 80 years old and almost all of it in remarkable shape.
zantizoom8

Post by zantizoom8 »

That is good news. 8O

-zanti
Forward, into the past.