Second Sample - 100D

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bulldogpictures

Re: Second Sample - 100D

Post by bulldogpictures »

Your 100D sample is OK !

Next step is buying a tripod and USING IT.......
lealar

Post by lealar »

bulldogpictures wrote:Your 100D sample is OK !

Next step is buying a tripod and USING IT.......
You try shooting in NYC with one. Aside from not wanting to look like a big fat DORK, the real reason are the cops...some of them will run the old "you need a permit" bulls--t, while others will look the other way.

I was looking to just shoot and go and have fun with it, which I did. I wasn't concerned about getting all that "cinematic".
lealar

Post by lealar »

Andersens Tears wrote:
lealar wrote: Never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to miss E-64T!
I'm gonna miss 64T - but I knew I was gonna say that! :)

Give it time Art, you are soon gonna find the perfect Cam/Stock combo and make some excellent films for us to enjoy on 100D!

Saying that I didn't really have any issues with what you have shot here. :wink:

Jamie
Well I'm really looking forward to some of your footage Jaime. Also am curious to hear what your take will be on this stock(since you've had quite some experience with 64T).
super8man

Post by super8man »

Perhaps the best cover would be to borrow some young kids (preferably your own) and then pretend to shoot film of them and simply aim the camera where you need and actually roll film. Just a thought. You know, look like a tourist.
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
lealar

Post by lealar »

super8man wrote:Perhaps the best cover would be to borrow some young kids (preferably your own) and then pretend to shoot film of them and simply aim the camera where you need and actually roll film. Just a thought. You know, look like a tourist.
I do that all the time, but with my girlfriend standing just to the side of the subject(s)and much closer to the camera. Did it with the construction guys in the sample. They initially look to see if your shooting them, but then they figure otherwise. I really wasn't inclined to bring a tripod, just wanted to be really mobile and not have to stop, unfold, set the camera up, etc.
VideoFred

Post by VideoFred »

lealar wrote:
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to miss E-64T!
The colors of 100D are more towards red/brown. The colors of E64T are very realistic. But the best colors I have ever seen in the 8mm format are on old R8 :wink:

Fred.
my website:
http://www.super-8.be

about film transfering:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_k0IKckACujwT_fZHN6jlg
woods01

Post by woods01 »

lealar wrote: You try shooting in NYC with one. Aside from not wanting to look like a big fat DORK, the real reason are the cops...some of them will run the old "you need a
But don't we already look like a dork shooting noisy, super 8 cameras? :mrgreen:
Davideo

Post by Davideo »

But don't we already look like a dork shooting noisy, super 8 cameras?
Nah...I did a Super 8 shoot last weekend on a pioneer farm in Texas where everyone dressed in clothes from the 1800s. One guy looked at my Nizo s800 and said "Wow. That's an old camera! It still works? Is it 16mm? No? It's Super 8mm? WOW That's really cool! I love that camera!"

The guy was in his fifties and glad to see Super 8mm is still alive and well.
lealar

Post by lealar »

My favorite moments are when you shoot something alongside those with videocamera's and they all turn to see what you're shooting with the second they here the motor whizzing.
Roster

Post by Roster »

I was using my Canon 1014 XLS at the New York Renn Faire last summer. The mature folk (40+) who noticed used words to the effect of 'old school'. The young'uns (30-) mostly asked "what kind of camera is that?" and once educated they thought it was very cool.

Thanks for the 2nd reel Art... love that NY scenery.

Wooda
"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"
super8man

Post by super8man »

" The mature folk (40+) who noticed used words to the effect of 'old school'. The young'uns (30-) mostly asked "what kind of camera is that?""

Game over...sigh...

Can't we at least agree that mature folk are 60+ and younguns are 20s...then the middle group where I am in...

Hahaha..
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/