C-Mount-Lenses

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

jpolzfuss

C-Mount-Lenses

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi,

I do have some questions regarding C-mount-lenses:

a) Is there any general webpage that lists "all" C-Mount-lenses (incl. filter-thread, weight, resolution, film-frame/sensor-size)? The manufacturer's webpages don't seem to list any lens older than 5 years?!
I would need this data at least for these two lenses:
Tokina TV Lens 1:1,8 / 12,5-75 mm
CANON TV-ZOOM Lens V6x16 16-100mm 1:1,9
BTW: I managed to buy the version with the motorized iris of that CANON-lens (no manual - only a strange connector with several pins). I can switch to "manual iris", but the iris won't move neverthless?! Do I still need to power the motor to enable the "manual" setting? Or is the lens broken?

b) There are several C-Mount-"TV Lenses" on eBay, Hood, OLA, ... . But after taking a look at the resolution-data of some current Kowa-C-Mount-"TV Lenses" I doubt that they can be used for Super8/Single8 as their resolution is hardly good enough for PAL!? Another problem is the "sensor size" listed for some of those "TV lenses". Sometimes they're only suited for a 1/3" (4,8mm x 3,6mm), while others are suited for 1/2" (6,4mm x 4,8mm) or above. As a Super8-camera should record a 6,22mm x 4,22mm-image (SMPTE Standard 157), the 1/2"-version should fit (at least while not using Max8/SuperDuper8), shouldn't it?

Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.