smallformat 4/2007 is coming

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Juergen

smallformat 4/2007 is coming

Post by Juergen »

smallformat 4/2007 will be shipped in two weeks.

Here are the topics:

clapper A SMART BET? Jürgen Lossau is sure about it: chemical film will most likely be around long after videotape ceases production

viewer ONE LAST ROMANTIC GIFT Today smallformat is stooping to poach from the dubious undergrowth of the tabloid press. We caught British model Kate Moss holding a Super 8 camera – and actually filming. How could things reach this point?

viewer NEWS Cinevia is back and TV spot producers from Australia prefer Super 8 instead of 35mm

viewer STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL 2007 French author Thierry Bonnaud visited Cambridge in June to take part in a new Midsummer Super 8 event

super 8 REACHING FOR THE STARS How do astronomy and Super 8 go together? Andreas Berger has the answer

interview WHAT’S GOING ON IN BURBANK? Anne Goltz visited pro8mm

portrait SALVAGING MEMORIES James Grahame chatted with the founder of Film Rescue International

screening FIXING THE ELMO GS1200’S FATAL FLAW Italian author Ugo Grassi knows how to do it

screening OUT OF THE BOX (7) British-German joint venture: John Clancy, Keith Wilton and Andreas Eggeling with a final look at three more companies from the UK: Powell Films, PM Films and Techno Films

screening A LADY WITHOUT EQUAL Hans-Lothar Wisskirchen unveils the Nordmende CCS film recorder

movie school SUPER 8 IS SUPER! -part 8- Dr. Carl-Hellmut Hoefer’s basic course for beginners and fans, this time: camera mechanics

movie school A KISS WITHOUT A SMACK IS LIKE A SHOT WITHOUT A BANG Arnold H. Müller gives advice for the post production of film sound

the old babies BEHIND THE GREAT WALL Our Turkish author Erkan Umut found many interesting 16mm and 35mm cameras in China

power pack FILMING IS FUN Still frames of different film stocks

power pack IT’S ALL IN THE FRAME American Nestor Rodriguez, senior principal scientist for the Kodak Entertainment Imaging division, discusses the resolution of Super 16 and 35mm film

interview SILENCE IS GOLDEN British author Giles Perkins about a comedy on Super 8

16mm THE LITTLE QUEENS Legends and truths of the Bolex 16mm line – collected by Dr. Carl-Hellmut Hoefer

forum LETTERS TO THE EDITOR A reader with his own film test
http://www.atollmedien.de
the books about all cameras and projectors ever built
VideoFred

Post by VideoFred »

super 8 REACHING FOR THE STARS How do astronomy and Super 8 go together? Andreas Berger has the answer
Let me guess... extreme long exposure times and time lapse maybe?

Good work, Juergen!
You have my order....

I hope others will follow.
We must support this magazine, folks! :wink:

Fred.
my website:
http://www.super-8.be

about film transfering:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_k0IKckACujwT_fZHN6jlg
Angus

Post by Angus »

Now if I left a mag with that cover on the train, somebody might pick it up!
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
MovieMaker

Post by MovieMaker »

Angus wrote:Now if I left a mag with that cover on the train, somebody might pick it up!
Definitely! If the rights to the picture are obtained by the publisher than it would be a nice cover for a "smallformat"-flyer. No man can withstand two beautiful women and - on second view - a Super-8 camera!

MovieMaker
Bjarne Eldhuset

Post by Bjarne Eldhuset »

Is that Iggy Pop to the left?
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

Juergen -
Which issue is the filming weddings cover issue? I have not received that one yet. The last one I got is the ink jet cover issue.
onsuper8

Post by onsuper8 »

And here's the very footage that Kate shot... on the onsuper8.org podcast of course!

http://blip.tv/file/336896
Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Wedding cover and story have been rescheduled – but we promise to publish it in smallformat 5/2007.

Also rescheduled:

super8porter

Canadian John Porter wins over his audience at lightning speed when he takes a running projector in hand to shine an image around the theater. He showed his unusual films and technical tricks on a European tour that led him through Dresden. smallformat spoke with this Super 8 filmmaker, who is also a huge collector. Toys from cornflakes packages are his pride and joy. He introduces these playthings at breakneck pace in a film that leaves you wishing for more, while adroitly demonstrating what is possible.

Secret designs from the small-gauge film industry

Did you know that Bolex worked on a Single 8 camera? Or that Agfa planned a camera that could accept two cartridges at the same time? That Eumig developed a complete rewinding system for Super 8 cartridges? Or that Dedo denies wanting to build their own 16 mm cameras? Claus Krönke reports on cameras and projectors that made it no further than the Patent Office. This article finally appears in smallformat 5/2007.
http://www.atollmedien.de
the books about all cameras and projectors ever built