Kodachrome - Dwayne's

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

dantheman

Kodachrome - Dwayne's

Post by dantheman »

Hello,

Another quick query.

I am shooting Kodachrome and need as fast a turn around time as possible and yet the Kodak page says that you should still ship it to Switzerland!

1/ Is the 'process paid' part of the stock still valid?
2/ Will it still be valid and will they accept it if I ship it directly to Dwayne's?
3/ What's the turn around time like at Dwayne's?

All the bets
Daniel
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Daniel,
Kodak stopped processing Kodachrome films last september. The only way for you to get your K40 film processed is at Dwayne's. I think they do next day processing for $9.

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Muckymuck

Post by Muckymuck »

The website is DEFINATELY out of date. On the UK site it says send 35mm slides to Switzerland for free processing and it will be sent to Dwaynes. This still happens.

HOWEVER it also says you can get Super 8 processed by sending a cheque for £7 to Switzerland and it will be forewarded to Dwaynes. This is definately NOT the case- I recently had cart and cheque returned.
Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

I shot 35mm diafilm - stills - a Kodachrome select 200 iso film a month ago, It was an expired film (2001) but the results are amazing. I've it sent to Lausanne and they (I think) forwarded to Kansas and I get it back perfectly developed for free and it was really quick. (all my costs about 3-4 $ :D )

The most important thing that free process is ok for stills but it seems to me it is not for super 8. I can not understand - the yellow envelopes are the same... :?
Angus

Post by Angus »

Dwaynes obtained Kodak approval and certification for K14 35mm processing.

Dwaynes for some reason I forget never obtained Kodak certification for their K14 8mm processing.

Thefeore since there is no Kodak certified processing available for super 8 film anwyhere in the world they cannot accept the yellow mailers.

Simple as that. Kodak can't legally use their process-paid mailers as there's no Kodak-certified lab in the world for that type of film...when they closed their Swiss operation the "free" processing ended.

Dwayne's seem to do a fine job from the 4 rolls I've had developed there, but I have heard some stories of inconsistent processing from them.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
James E
Location: Houston, TX. Portland, OR. Playa Del Carmen, Quitana Roo, MX. ELgin, TX

K-14

Post by James E »

Pk-59 mailers are still valid. I'm not certain of the address. But I think the Fair Lawn NJ addy is correct. Check w/ Kodak. Also I've heard that you can send PK-59's directly to Dwaynes and they will honor them. I suppose they have a billing arangement w/ Kodak. I'd call Dwaynes and ask them directly. They are very helpful.
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.
cineandy

Post by cineandy »

Dwaynes cust service is superb, sadly there k14 processing quality is variable. The era of top quality k/c processing ended last year.