Wave Of The Future Oh.. Spare Me Please.........Not

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Wave Of The Future Oh.. Spare Me Please.........Not

Post by S8 Booster »

Nothing really new budd.... complete "features" shot on Nokia N-series cellular....

Sample/promo shot on eh......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obMbxSTsF9Y

http://www.symbian.com/news/cn/2006/cn20068291.html

New short film by Gary Oldman premieres on the Nokia Nseries Studio

Plus Nokia's online mobile movie community goes interactive

14 August, Espoo, Finland - A new short film, by award-winning actor and film-maker Gary Oldman, shot on the new Nokia N93 multimedia computer premieres today. Entitled Donut, the film is being screened on the Nokia Nseries Studio, a groundbreaking online mobile movie community where aspiring directors can now upload and showcase their own mobile videos.

Gary, the director of BAFTA award-winning Nil By Mouth and star of Bram Stoker's Dracula and Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban, has produced a two minute short featuring a round reflection in rippling water set to a haunting soundtrack. The film demonstrates not only the DVD-like video capture quality of the Nokia N93, but also how advanced mobile video devices offer the unique ability to shoot and share spontaneous instants in everyday life.

blah....blah...blah...more

nasty new year i say - nav wa sdat a bit shakeyspareisk?

Well....
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
super8man

Post by super8man »

We're doomed.

Me, I've gone back to shooting B&W 35mm film (still)...digital is for real estate salesman.
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
aj

Post by aj »

super8man wrote:
Me, I've gone back to shooting B&W 35mm film (still)...digital is for real estate salesman.
That is indeed an attractive perspective. I now shoot Agfa Copex 8x11mm in my MINOX LX and the usual BW with the Nikon family of gear. And of course home-processed BW rev in Super-8 with Nikon R10 and the other toys.

With a paper processing machine darkroom labour for print production isn't that laborious anymore and these machines are to be had at such affordable prices.
Kind regards,

André
mattias

Post by mattias »

i got a digital still camera for christmas! by my mother! i've resisted for a long time, but i must say i love it, and the movie mode produces sharper, smoother and more colorful pictures than my dv camera. this means the death of my fujifilm super mini, but i'll obviously keep my slr's for as long as they will serve me.

/matt
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

The film demonstrates not only the DVD-like video capture quality of the Nokia N93
set me strait on this but, is mpg4, VGA, 30 fps DVD? That's what it is right?

My xacti c5 has the same specs but that does not look like dvd to me. It's cool anyways though, and great for partys and outdoors. Now they even got a waterproof thing http://store.sanyousa.com/webapp/wcs/st ... &langId=-1
Should be great for your aqua hobby super8man.
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

ups
Angus

Post by Angus »

super8man wrote:We're doomed.

I recently took a trip to Idaho and shot about 300 digital pics of my nieces...just snapshots of them throwing snowballs, having food fights in Denny's (that was FUN!) or playing with their dogs...

But the most fun I had was shooting B&W still pics of the mountains covered in snow...we drove up Bogus Basin road and it really was a winter wonderland there.

I was tring out the Maco cube 400 film for the first time...I realised when we got home that I haven't developed B&W film for over a year and had to mix some more ID-11...ah the familiar chemical smells...
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Taqi

Post by Taqi »

I'm mainly shooting B&W 35mm stills also with my bessa r3a; would like to process & wet print myself but supplies are nonexistent on this rock, plus dont have a darkroom. So I have settled for a film scanner (which is great - dunno why i did not buy one sooner) & printer (which is nowhere near as much fun or quality as wet prints plus I hate photoshop).

Probably will get a cheap digicrapcam for underwater stuff though. Was saving for an M8 until the total bloody disaster from Leica brought me to my senses, so I am now hanging out for an MP..
what what
mojohey

Post by mojohey »

Hey Taqi... get yourself a Contax G2. Great glass, great body if you don't mind the auto focus and less than half the price of a MP kit. I've got 21mm, 28mm, 35mm, 45mm & 90mm. Those lenses with body has cost me about £1300... ain't gonna have much of a Lieca kit for that money.
Saying that... i look at M6 very often.. and might try and pick up a descent M3 this year... i keep telling myself i won't take better pics than i do now with my G2... Neopan 400 and Velvia 50 are what i play with.
----------------------------------------------
super8man

Post by super8man »

I admit I took a shortcut and simply scanned the hand processed negs and was happy with a CD of the files...I figure that is my new route to a contact sheet. Then, when I decide on the precious few, spend my time in the lab hand developing the images I truly want. The great thing is I can email the contacts to friends/rellies and see what potential they have for alterations by hand (dodge and burn, etc).

Oh, and I too was a bit rusty on my initial three rolls - the forst two were developed properly but the last roll I switched to Rodinal and forgot to measure the temp of the water...man, I developed that roll at like 86 degrees F...so I cut the time from 6 minutes to 4.5 and got some real cool contrast going on. Too bad super 8 is such a pain to find a decent developing tank - plus doing reversal is a bit scary with the flashing and all....

Good fun.
reflex

Post by reflex »

Angus wrote: having food fights in Denny's (that was FUN!)
My son loves going to Denny's (mainly because they have a kid's menu with big colour photos and rocket ship drink cups), but everyone in the entire place always seems grumpy and listless when I take him.

Next time, we're taking you along. If the police get called, you can play the befuddled foreigner. :)
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
marc

Post by marc »

Angus wrote:

I recently took a trip to Idaho and shot about 300 digital pics of my nieces...just snapshots of them throwing snowballs, having food fights in Denny's (that was FUN!) or playing with their dogs...

But the most fun I had was shooting B&W still pics of the mountains covered in snow...we drove up Bogus Basin road and it really was a winter wonderland there.

I was tring out the Maco cube 400 film for the first time...I realised when we got home that I haven't developed B&W film for over a year and had to mix some more ID-11...ah the familiar chemical smells...
When were you in Idaho? I was in Boise over the Holidays.
Dr. Rima Laibow Warns Globalists Preparing New Bio Attack / Learn the Secret History of COVID
https://banned.video/watch?id=64405470faba4278d462a791
Still want to call me a Nutter?!!!!
Angus

Post by Angus »

marc wrote:
When were you in Idaho? I was in Boise over the Holidays.
Me too! My wife's family are mostly in Boise with a few cousins in Kuna. I lived in Boise from Nov 1997 to June 1999.

Was nice to have snow the day after we arrived (20th December) which just about lasted until Christmas day.

I didn't shoot any super 8 this time, but Christmas period 2004 I might have been noticed lugging my Chinon 200/8 XLS around Boise...

Got connections in Missouri and Arkansas too which might lead to a visit there this year.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

I'm awaiting a couple of eBay items: a 4x5" Busch Pressman camera (like a Graflex) and some Shanghai b&w sheet film. DSLR's are easy, but I've been looking at some 100 year old b&w prints that beat the pants off digital for resolution, texture and 3-D feel.
Robert Hughes
super8man

Post by super8man »

Its funny how we "him and haw" over spending $100 on a super 8 camera but I happily forked over almost $400 to have my Leica repaired...sort of tells you that as a society, we still value good film resolution over inferior formats. Ever wonder what your point and shoot digital camera is worth on the resale market? Now compare that to a classic Leica...or Nikon or Canon for that matter.