off topic - my still photography website

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

david

off topic - my still photography website

Post by david »

I know this is really off topic, but I see there's lot of people on this board into still photography, and some were professionals too.

I almost finished my website, http://www.davidwilson.it , but since it's not connected to google yet, I'd really appreciate any comment-advice.

thanks
david
david

Post by david »

Just looked at the forum posting rules, and understood this is not the board for this kind of topic. Sorry about that, moderator feel free to delete this thread (I would if I only knew how)

David
aj

Post by aj »

Aren't there any S8 cameras in the pictures? Or arent't you using your cine-skills (exposure, composition, postprocessing) for your still camera photography? :idea:

Considering we have paintings, eBay auctions and instrumental engineering for topic regularly I would say cine-people doing still work are on topic.
Kind regards,

André
david

Post by david »

Sorry no super8 cameras... :lol: but yes, I'm using my cine-skills for still photography (or using my still-skills for cinematography, don't know :wink:)

david
BK

Post by BK »

Some really nice images on your site, are they film or digital?

Would like some info with the pictures as to what camera, lens used, f stop, exposure, etc for the techies like me.

Bill
Taqi

Post by Taqi »

I've only looked at the London bit - some of it (but certainly not all - eg taxi passing bus stop) looks a bit underexposed. Made me feel homesick. Love the shopping trolley/battersea shot, reminds me of those impressionist whistler, monet paintings.
what what
david

Post by david »

thank you both!

bk
images are all film (color reversal and dslr shots will be added soon), and I was actually thinking about adding some technical information, but I'm not sure about it. I think I will probably add some infos on the "bio" page, after all they're all taken with a leica m2-cl, using a summicron 40/2 and an elmar 90/2.8, so there's not much to say (I don't remember f-stop and shutter times either...)

taqi
the scans were done using a cheap old 14" monitor, so it's really useful for me to know how they look from other people.I already checked them on some friends' pc, and noticed that sometimes they looked a bit underexposed. Santa Claus is coming, hope he will bring me a new monitor... (btw, any suggestion for a good crt monitor - I need it also for super8 and video stuff)

thanks

david
BK

Post by BK »

david wrote: after all they're all taken with a leica m2-cl, using a summicron 40/2 and an elmar 90/2.8
I was wondering whether the pictures were taken with a Leica, they have that distinctive look to them 8)

Bill
Last edited by BK on Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

that's not off topic now this is off topic
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K