Wittnerchrome 40 delay

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

super8france

Post by super8france »

I sell the Wittnerchrome 40 in my shop, for the french people.
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

super8france wrote:I sell the Wittnerchrome 40 in my shop, for the french people.
You ordered stuff from Wittner and got it?? Or was the order placed by your grandfather?
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

Arislan wrote:
super8france wrote:I sell the Wittnerchrome 40 in my shop, for the french people.
You ordered stuff from Wittner and got it?? Or was the order placed by your grandfather?
Arislan, you seem to be turning into an annoying forum troll.
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

tlatosmd wrote:
Arislan wrote:
I'm guessing you work for Wittner?
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
aj

Post by aj »

If you are a reseller you should discuss these things with Wittner. Possily you can arrange for sending them to dwayne's directly. And back also directly. That should save two weeks or more. And some saving on shipping costs too. Or buy them them excluding processing and arrange matters yourself.

Otherwise you are better off reselling Andec-mailers with E64T films. You get a better margin on these too. And you can resell tri-x plus-x S8 with processing too.
Kind regards,

André
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

Arislan wrote:
tlatosmd wrote:
Arislan wrote: You ordered stuff from Wittner and got it?? Or was the order placed by your grandfather?
I'm guessing you work for Wittner?
Nope, very satisfied customer here, and so are personal friends of mine.
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

tlatosmd wrote: Nope, very satisfied customer here, and so are personal friends of mine.
Good for you. I hate Wittner because they ignore customer inquiries and I am not alone in that camp either. It is not uncommon to find no response whatsoever from them.
super8france

Post by super8france »

In France the price is 35,50 € + 1 € for the shipping.
aj

Post by aj »

Arislan wrote:
tlatosmd wrote: Nope, very satisfied customer here, and so are personal friends of mine.
Good for you. I hate Wittner because they ignore customer inquiries and I am not alone in that camp either. It is not uncommon to find no response whatsoever from them.
If you display the same behaviour and tone in your email to wittner you should not wonder as to why you didn't get any reply. It is obvious to everybody else.

I got prompt reply to all my emails. Even in the weekend.

How is brasil doing in the Worldcup? Now they were bribed by a Hamburger and fries chain?
Kind regards,

André
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

EDIT: I'll apply some self-censorship here and not give you the reply that post deserves.
Angus

Post by Angus »

All I can say about Wittner is that with me personally they replied to my emails quickly, emailed me an order form and a fax number....and my films arrived six days after I faxed the order.

I haven't been able to shoot any of the film yet, but I have a mixture of 40T and 100D which I intend to compare with the 64T I also have on the shelf...

So I cannot comment on development turnaround or quality. However if the 100D goes to Andec I am sure they will do a first class job.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Angus

Post by Angus »

Well I shot two carts of Wittnerchrome 40T on Sunday of the "Harpenden Highland Gathering"...a Scottish flavoured event so lots of tartans, kilts, bagpipes and dancing.

Posted them back to Wittner today...will let the forum know when they return and it there are any blue streaks!
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
super8france

Post by super8france »

Do you know a solution to reduce the processing delay ?
Angus

Post by Angus »

Just an update, I've been away on holiday for a week but when I returned yesterday (Thursday 3rd August) my two films were waiting for me...so less than three weeks turnaround. They've definately come from Dwaynes and as far as I can tell from one viewing processing is as good as the Swiss Kodak lab...certainly no blue streaks or lines.

I also got an email from Wittner while I was away stating that the first time they mailed the films to me, they were returned by the post office (in Germany I assume) saying that the address was incorrect. Wittner re-sent them assuming that I knew my own address, and the second time they arrived safely.

I consider this customer service of the highest order, and 2-3 weeks is the time frame Kodak had for K40 a few years ago so I am not disappointed at all.

So they could have taken perhaps just two and a half weeks? Not sure as I was away.

Now I shall send two 100D rolls off to Wittner today, including my first quick tests of my EWA-marine enclosure...
super8france

Post by super8france »

ok 'Angus' but in France the delay is 6 weeks and I would like find a solution to obtain 4 weeks. Possible?