Type a conversion filter

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Rusty

Type a conversion filter

Post by Rusty »

Will the built in type a conversion filter designed for original formula Kodachrome work with modern Kodachrome 40?

Rusty
"I think in art, but especially in films, people are trying to confirm their own existences"- Jim Morrison
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

Huh? What modern K40? Do you mean Wittnerchrome40? That's nothing but remaining K40 stock re-labelled.

Or are you referring to Kodachrome emulsions older than K40, such as K25 and KII? They both had the same color temperature as K40.
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

tlatosmd wrote:Huh? What modern K40? Do you mean Wittnerchrome40? That's nothing but remaining K40 stock re-labelled.
Which will probably be about 20 years old by the time you get anything from Wittner.
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

Arislan wrote:
tlatosmd wrote:Huh? What modern K40? Do you mean Wittnerchrome40? That's nothing but remaining K40 stock re-labelled.
Which will probably be about 20 years old by the time you get anything from Wittner.
Say, do you happen to be one of Kahl's employees?
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!