want to know where to get 64T processed in USA/CANADA?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

thanks for the update rick!

-I'm still waiting to get my 64t rolls back from pharmaplus, it's been just about 2 weeks.
justin lovell
cinematographer
8/16/35mm - 2k.5k.HDR.film transfers
http://www.framediscreet.com
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

another SAD update.

I received my rolls back from pharma-plus UNPROCESSED.
They were stamped with the 831 HAM logo, which I believe means that they were set to switzerland's K40 lab.

I had labelled the film super 8mm E-6 send to Dwaynes. I'll have to phone them again to find out what was up. On the phone, they say that the service is available.

groan...
justin lovell
cinematographer
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

Once Exclusive makes the switch we (in Toronto at least) should be fine. Should be end of the month. Maybe they will draw a lot of business from elsewhere in Canada and beyond.

Rick
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

I hope so. (and I hope they make the switch.. they've been saying they were going to do it since november... I guess they've finally gotten to a point where they're getting more 64t than VNF)...
justin lovell
cinematographer
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

jusetan wrote:I hope so. (and I hope they make the switch.. they've been saying they were going to do it since november... I guess they've finally gotten to a point where they're getting more 64t than VNF)...
I don't know if they are getting more but I think they realized they had a catch 22. They weren't switching until they got the demand but they would not get the demand until they made the switch. Whatever the case, I spoke to them in person and they said they plan to switch in the last week of June and will be up and running in July (knock on wood). In other wods, I think it's a done deal. I'll post when I confirm it's actually running.

Rick
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

cool, understandable.

thanks for the update rick.
justin lovell
cinematographer
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

I've shot ECN, E64T and Plus-X in the past few weeks. Forde Labs in Seattle processes all these formats. I'll let you know how they turn out...

http://fordelabs.com/
Robert Hughes
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

Alright, new UPDATE!

Just spoke with a Qualex rep, who referred me to her supervisor (finally getting somewhere)...

Dwaynes is _not_ doing the E-6 processing of 64t, it is being sent to ROCKY MOUNTAIN.

So I am going to try and re-send the film, labelling it, E-6 Processing, 64T super 8mm film SEND TO ROCKY MOUNTAIN for processing.

see you again in 2-3 weeks guys...
justin lovell
cinematographer
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

What's the price difference between Rocky Mountains directly and sending it via Dwayne's?
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!
Taelon

Post by Taelon »

What??

There is NO way Dwayne's is forwarding super-8 E6 films for processing to another lab. I know for a fact they do it themselves... I've seen photos of their processing machine and everything... big articles in smallformat (or Super 8 Today - I don't remember which one now). And if they did forward films, mine wouldn't have come back freshly processed on the fifth day after I sent it to them! 8O
Sasounet

Post by Sasounet »

I think Jusetan means that Qualex is using Rocky Mountain now instead of Dwaynes.

"Dwaynes is _not_ doing the E-6 processing of 64t (for Qualex), it is being sent to ROCKY MOUNTAIN."

Jusetan ?
Sasounet
clivetobin

Post by clivetobin »

audadvnc wrote:I've shot ECN, E64T and Plus-X in the past few weeks. Forde Labs in Seattle processes all these formats. I'll let you know how they turn out...
Sadly, it appears that the well regarded (by me) Forde Labs is no more as an independent entity. Although the public announcement said they had merged with Alpha, it was it seems the sort of merger where some weak hapless aliens merge with the dominant Borg. Resistance Is Futile.

Forde former employees are now Alpha employees under Alpha management and working in the Alpha building. It sounds like most of the Forde equipment has been put into storage. Since we are a few hundred miles away now this is partly supposition on my part, has anyone done some closeup snooping to better see how things really are?

An email I sent to Forde recently was forwarded to the boss at Alpha who never bothered to answer. Possibly they are still mad that I quit working there some 22 years ago? Anyway it will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

Sasounet wrote:I think Jusetan means that Qualex is using Rocky Mountain now instead of Dwaynes.

"Dwaynes is _not_ doing the E-6 processing of 64t (for Qualex), it is being sent to ROCKY MOUNTAIN."

Jusetan ?
correcto-mondo. (sorry if I didn't clarify myself well enough the first time round)
justin lovell
cinematographer
Taelon

Post by Taelon »

Oh. I see. :)

Sorry, too, for misunderstanding your statement and trying so frantically to correct it. :wink:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

tlatosmd wrote:What's the price difference between Rocky Mountains directly and sending it via Dwayne's?
Dwaynes will develop Ektachrome 64T for 9.00. I'm not sure about Rocky Mountain.

Rusty
"I think in art, but especially in films, people are trying to confirm their own existences"- Jim Morrison