MAC: Toast 6 Titanium - Burns DVDs/CDs Right Off Cam Tape!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

MAC: Toast 6 Titanium - Burns DVDs/CDs Right Off Cam Tape!

Post by S8 Booster »

just discoverd this by coincidence.

was editing a tiny clip in iMovie while i wanted to burn a DVD with a different clip on the Toast simoultanesly.

surprisingly the cam showed up with the same control options as in an editing program.
there was also some limited editing functions availabe.

meaning that if one has a compete already edited film clip on a DV tape it is possible to burn a DVD or CD right away without having to store it in the machine in advance.

pretty neat and a surprise to me.
Last edited by S8 Booster on Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
+AnonymousGuest+

Post by +AnonymousGuest+ »

You drink bears?! crazy nordmann... 8O
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

yup - that is the original viking beer called mjød in Norwegian brewed on honey and mushrooms n stuff....
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Andersens Tears

Post by Andersens Tears »

.. I think that's what we would call 'mead' in English then....? :P
onsuper8

Post by onsuper8 »

Yup S8 Booster - this is very useful if you need to do something very quickly, particularly from an archive tape. I've used it loads.
S8 Booster

Post by S8 Booster »

Andersens Tears wrote:.. I think that's what we would call 'mead' in English then....? :P
that sounds pretty analog for sure.

there are many non mainstream words in english which reminds me of the viking era that are very similar to norwegian allthough it may have been influenced the other way;

loaf (for bread), stool (for chair)?, trodd (for stepped onto something?), not sure of the spelling but these are words that sounds non-anglo and basically exact similar in norwegian curently in daily use allthough meaning may differ slightly.
gianni1

Post by gianni1 »

My next film script shot on super 8, then burned to DVD through an Apple, will be about Thor, and Hel, in Gimly. They plot then pillage and plunder Santa's village, enslave the elves, and kidnap Mrs Santa to be Thor's wife. Santa flees with a few elves and organizes the leprechauns, fairies and overseas elves for a dramatic rescue and restoration of order.

Gianni 8)
yolia

Re: MAC: Toast 6 Titanium - Burns DVDs/CDs Right Off Cam Tap

Post by yolia »

S8 Booster wrote:just discoverd this by coincidence.

was editing a tiny clip in iMovie while i wanted to burn a DVD with a different clip on the Toats simoultanesly.

surprisingly the cam showed up with the same control options as in an editing program.
there was alo some limited editing functions availabe.

meaning if one has a compete already edited film clip on a DV tape it is possible to burn a DVD or CD right away without having to store it in the machine in advance.

pretty neat and a surprise to me.
Great discovery. Didn't know this. Good to know. Thanks.
JCook

Post by JCook »

S8 Booster wrote: loaf (for bread), stool (for chair)?, trodd (for stepped onto something.
8) Loaf and stool both mean the same thing over here and trust me you wouldn't want to trodd in it. :lol:
+AnonymousGuest+

Post by +AnonymousGuest+ »

Ahh Mjød, now we're talking.

"Kvasir, hvis skalders far han var,
Ble tatt av dage av dvergehender
Av Kvasirs blod lagde de skaldemjøden,
den hellige drikk..."

Vis blir den som drikker av mjøden! :wink:
S8 Booster

Post by S8 Booster »

very nice although these days you can buy the real "civil" mjød not requiring blood from semi-gods in the brew but then is a little less war-some ;-)