Nizo repairs

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Chris Lynch

Nizo repairs

Post by Chris Lynch »

I've shot my first test roll with my new Nizo 4080 only to discover it has some problems, dang it.

1. The trigger and button releases randomly stop working (when one works they both work)

2. The battery test button seems to have a contact problem

3. The electrical master switch is loose, and doesn't always depress properly

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else with similar cameras?

How do I go about finding a good repair shop?

Any nuggets and scraps appreciated!

-Chris
crimson

Post by crimson »

This is a known problem with Nizo - contacts of the button deteriorates. Did you buy your Nizo from a German Ebay dealer name Mr Peters/APE/Bonanzabike/ etc?
his supposedly tested Nizo's 'tend' to have this problem :evil:

The main grip power switch can be fixed. But the rest needs pro attention unless you know what you are doing.
crimson

Post by crimson »

BTW - check the the archive - this has been discussed in detail. It cost me almost $200 (this included some other services) here in NYC. You probably can find it cheaper somewhere else.
Chris Lynch

Post by Chris Lynch »

The seller seems to be working with me for now, so out of fairness I won't divulge who it is, unless I get screwed. That is to say, when I take it to get repaired, if the problems are NOT from shipping damage (such as dirty or worn contacts), then the seller will have to make the situation right, as the description was "mint condition."
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

Hi Chris,
Depending how much you paid for it and what it's worth to you, you might want to try and repair it yourself. I bought a busted Nizo off of ebay, and I managed to very very very carefully take it apart and fix 2 problems with it. It also depends on how good you are working on small mechanical and electrical devices. If your interested, there is a place here in Toronto that fixes super 8's called Kominsk (416)977-2132.
Good luck

Simon. :idea: