RIP Gottfried Klose (GK Film) passed away

This forum is dedicated to Filmshooting members and filmpeople who have passed away.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

RIP Gottfried Klose (GK Film) passed away

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Many of you already know, but for those of you who don't, I'm sorry to report that Gottfried Klose passed away on Feb 1st.

He was the inventor of the GK Super8 cartridge and supplied the Cinevia film for many years. He was also the inventor of the high precision pressure plate for Super8 cartridges.

According to Jürgen Lossau his machines are moved to the Fotoimpex/Adox factory already.
Gottfried Klose
Gottfried Klose
gk.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 12104 times
Here is a photo of him from 2005 I think, when I spent a weekend in his hometown. There was a Super8 event there which I travelled to, met Frank and Ludwig from Andec ++. I also got the full tour of Gottfried's shop together with my friend Frank from Super8 lab.

Rest in Peace Gottfried.
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
mr8mm

Re: RIP Gottfried Klose (GK Film) passed away

Post by mr8mm »

I believe Alfred Kahl may have also passed away. Can anyone verify the death of Alfred Kahl. I understand ADOX got the perforators from Kahl. J.S.
cineandy

Post by cineandy »

I believe Alfred Kahl may have also passed away. Can anyone verify the death of Alfred Kahl. I understand ADOX got the perforators from Kahl. J.S.
does this mean no more kahl film stock? For retro looking images kahl 50asa 8mm reversal is great stuff, and no blown out highlights like kodaks 100d stock.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Alfred Kahl is alive and is doing just fine. Just got it confirmed.

A
Andreas Wideroe

Andersens Tears

Post by Andersens Tears »

Andreas Wideroe wrote:Alfred Kahl is alive and is doing just fine. Just got it confirmed.

A
Great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

I apologize. The story about Kahl passing away was fake news. Someone apparently saw the news about Klose on Facebook, more fake news from Facebook, and jumped to the conclusion it was Kahl and sent me an email regarding Kahl passing away. Although I will say that Kahl is a hard guy to contact.
Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Here is an article about the work of Gottfried Klose over the last 20 years (unfortunately in German language, but take Google translation):
https://www.super8.tv/de/ein-tueftler-h ... verlassen/
http://www.atollmedien.de
the books about all cameras and projectors ever built
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

From Super8 Reversal Lab www.super8.nl

08 February 2018
It is a bad start of this year. A week ago my friend and former business partner Gottfried Klose (75) passed away. He has been ill for a long time.
Gottfried Klose has done a lot for the small format community. It all started with his super8 high precision pressure plate that in many cases improved the stability and sharpness of images. After this he started to fullfill his ultimate dream and that was to make and produce his own super8 cartridges with Fuji Velvia 50D film inside. I was part of this major project in the first years and then in 2009 I decided I wanted to focus my business entirely on the developement of super8 film. Gottfried Klose did succeed in his goal and at this moment if you buy a b/w Adox brand cartridge you should know that Gottfried was the person who made this all possible. Between 2003 and 2008 mister Klose repaired many of the lab's camera's and movie projectors, also for a variety of the lab's customers. Gottfried will be missed (certainly by me) because he was an energetic and enthusiast person who understood how you can make people work together to create something bigger; to preserve super8 as recording medium. We all owe him respect. May he rest in peace in heaven.
gottfriedklose.jpg
gottfriedklose.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 12045 times
Photo by Frank Bruinsma, Super8 Reversal Lab
Andreas Wideroe