Sankyo EM-60XL issues?

Technical talk about 8mm, Super8, 9.5mm, 16mm and 35mm ++ motion picture cameras.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

inlieubeaulieu

Sankyo EM-60XL issues?

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

I just got a Sankyo EM-60XL from Ebay that quit working just after opening the box (the camera looks brand new, definitely used very little). The power-light still lights up, and I can hear the trigger firing, but the motor doesn't run. I tried pulling it apart to see if anything looked wrong and couldn't find any issues, but I'm not really good with electronics so I don't really know what to look for other than burnt-out components (unfortunately I also, needlessly, bent up the aluminum face-plate while opening it)

does anyone know what the problem might be, and if it's an easy fix? or, alternately, does anyone still service Sankyo S8 cameras these days? I got a full refund on the item and the seller doesn't want it back, so I can either try and fix it or chuck it in the trash (luckily I bought two other cameras at the same time, one of which is a mint/working Minolta XL-Sound84 for $30 including shipping!!!)

I could also try selling it for parts to a Sankyo enthusiast (if anyone is interested)... but I would like to get this camera up and running if only for its intervalometer

any help is much appreciated
thanks
Andersens Tears

Re: Sankyo EM-60XL issues?

Post by Andersens Tears »

did you try it with a film loaded? l’m not familiar with this model, but on some the drive cog will only turn with a film cassette loaded.

lf you can’t get it to work, l suggest you might give it to someone for parts for free since you got it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
inlieubeaulieu

Re: Sankyo EM-60XL issues?

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

yeah, I tried a dummy load and it didn't work. I would merely charge shipping for the camera should I "sell" it as is, but it seems a shame to use a camera in such otherwise amazing condition for parts. I want to get it fixed, and am willing to pay, if anyone has any suggestions (in America)