login persistence

Make comments and discuss the Filmshooting site.
aj

login persistence

Post by aj »

This new edition of the pHpBB drops the login of users when they switch boards. It used to be that the login was kept when you would walk around over the boards.

Very inconvenient when you don't want to use the keep login at login. This would work over all sessions but makes it PC bound which is not safe.
Kind regards,

André
Herb Montes

Re: login persistence

Post by Herb Montes »

I have the same problem with the forum not allowing me to stay logged in when I move from the different boards or when I leave and return. I do check the "log me in automatically" box when I first log in.
aj

Post by aj »

Well the problem is as persistent as the login is dropped persistently :)

It is utter useless like this.
eBay has a relaxed login philosophy compared to this :)
Kind regards,

André
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

hi,

what do i do to stay logged in, please? i keep on checking the "log me in" box, but every time i navigate away from the forum, even for a matter of seconds, i have to log back in again?

:?

Ric
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Have you tried accessing the forum directly with the url provided in several posts and in my forum upgrade article? The problem with login is most likely due to the wrapper we use to make the forum visible within the Filmshooting design. This wrapper is a bad way of intergrating things, but it's the only one availeble for the content management system at the moment.

See what my article: http://www.filmshooting.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=108 describes.

Please try that and report back.

Cheers,
Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
sunrise

Post by sunrise »

Andreas,

This doesn't really fix the problem with staying logged in by following links in email notifications, does it?

When I click on links in emails I am not logged in. This gives too many clicks before reaching what you want to see.

But the I like the new layout!

michael
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

awand wrote:Have you tried accessing the forum directly with the url provided in several posts and in my forum upgrade article? The problem with login is most likely due to the wrapper we use to make the forum visible within the Filmshooting design. This wrapper is a bad way of intergrating things, but it's the only one availeble for the content management system at the moment.

See what my article: http://www.filmshooting.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=108 describes.

Please try that and report back.

Cheers,
Andreas
thanks Andreas,

it didn't work - but i sure am glad to see this forum up and running again :)

bests

R
aj

Post by aj »

The only way to stay logged in using the navigator line as mentioned in other thread.

Also I notice that the login expires rather quickly when you are typing for a post and are interupted for 10 minutes or something. Rather annoying.
Kind regards,

André
greg_8mm

Post by greg_8mm »

I still can't manage to stay logged in. I'm using Safari (up to date) and os 10.4... Is there any way yet to stay logged in?
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

have my log-in and password memorised now - seems to be the easiest way? (til i forget em! 8O )

[lol]

Ric
greg_8mm

Post by greg_8mm »

well yeah i've memorized them too, but it still kinda sucks don't ya think?
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

well, i cannot understand why forum users are given the option to log in for a period of time, if log-in's are only one-off, whatever you do: it is confusing - i have given up checking the log-in box now, since it does not appear to work: the old site allowed you to stay logged in, if you wanted that option?

R
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Hopefully fixed now. Just did some config changes.

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

this is kind - many thanks :)

R
mr_x

Re: air max

Post by mr_x »

cheap159 wrote:... If you want a new handbag, you’re likely to approve these bags, that way you save yourself a lot of money and may actually hand a few. There are a few retailers in particular that you want, when you are cheap handbag looking for
Hmmm,

Is this to be an 8mm or 16mm feature one wonders? Just might catch on - I can see it now - 'Attack of the Giant Handbag-Wielding Iron Lady' based on Margaret Thatcher and her destruction of the United Kingdom's industrial base in the 1980's, so a sort of fiction horror movie based on fact?

What film stock are you using please?

When is the première?