New to me Workprinter XP

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Mana

New to me Workprinter XP

Post by Mana »

Waiting on the of arrival of a Workprinter. I've been wanting one since I joined the form and thats a long time ago!

Anyway this workprinter has already been converted to sniper setup, and what I need is advice for a cost effective capture camera. I will be using this on a Mac with a copy of Capturemate. Also would be nice to just be able to plug the camera directly to a USB port or the like.

My first hope is one of these USB microscope cams, but I have a hard time reading the specs to know if this is best or even if it would work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-5MP-Micr ... 1438.l2649

Of course I could go with a Canon or Pany HD camcorder with appropriate zoom. The cost of these cameras are really cheap, but I don't want to have to buy BlackMagic Design Intensity Shuttle, or Velocity box.

The idea is to make the setup as compact and clean as possible, and mostly set it and forget it.
R8: Bolex B8

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

DS8: Bolex H8 Rex4

S16: Bolex Rex4