regular 8 finished.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

super8man

Re: regular 8 finished.

Post by super8man »

I just found two rolls of 100D in my fridge (for regular 8). Any film labs in the USA still processing them?
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
erkanumut

Post by erkanumut »

super8man wrote:I just found two rolls of 100D in my fridge (for regular 8). Any film labs in the USA still processing them?
Dwayne's Photo in Kansas will process it with pleasure :)
super8man

Post by super8man »

Thanks. I will hurry up and shoot it with the fine weather we are having.
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

BAC wrote:I called AlphaCine this afternoon to see where my film was. The good news is it shipped. The bad news is they are going to stop all film processing at the end of the month. I have always had great results with them and a fast turnaround so I will be sad to see them stop processing.
ALL film processing?
Reborn member since Sept 2003
BAC

Post by BAC »

Tscan wrote:
BAC wrote:I called AlphaCine this afternoon to see where my film was. The good news is it shipped. The bad news is they are going to stop all film processing at the end of the month. I have always had great results with them and a fast turnaround so I will be sad to see them stop processing.
ALL film processing?
Yes, ALL film processing. I asked if that included negative film and they said "yes, all film". I've had great service with Dwayne's for my non-cine film, both negative and reversal, so I think I'll be using them now. They held on the longest for Kodachrome, maybe they'll do the same for E6 reversal.
grainy

Post by grainy »

BAC wrote:
Tscan wrote:
ALL film processing?
Yes, ALL film processing. I asked if that included negative film and they said "yes, all film". I've had great service with Dwayne's for my non-cine film, both negative and reversal, so I think I'll be using them now. They held on the longest for Kodachrome, maybe they'll do the same for E6 reversal.
Woah... I just finished a feature with Alpha as lab and telecine -- they said nothing about it but maybe they didn't want to freak me out.
It was pretty quiet in there, and between film's diminishing and Vancouver sapping away Seattle's film business back in the 90's, I think it's been nothing but struggle for them. If not film, I wonder what they'll be doing? Only telecine ?
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

BAC wrote:
Tscan wrote:
ALL film processing?
Wow, that is bad news. I've been lucky to have lab services a stones throw away for cheap shipping and fast turnaround for forever now. On the bright side, Spectra Film in LA does better processing than Alpha.. a little farther but that's who i'll be using from now on.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
grainy

Post by grainy »

tscan, agreed. Alpha is/was my local lab but I used Spectra once for Super 8 processing and scanning, and they really nailed it.
I'm looking forward to seeing more from them and they are totally committed (and carry reg 8, to the original point).
G
BAC

Post by BAC »

The lady at AlphaCine recommended Spectra. I may give them a try if I don't use Dwayne's. when I used to work near AlphaCine in South Seattle I would drop my film off at lunch and pick it up two days later. The lady at the counter knew me by name and always gave me great customer service.
milesandjules

Post by milesandjules »

Image[/url]

just grabbed 50 of these 2r 16mm 100ft rolls off ebay :D .....going to get em converted to standard 8 by edward Nowill in the uk. :D
Will2

Post by Will2 »

I'd have them tested first to make sure it's worth it.
erkanumut

Post by erkanumut »

Will2 wrote:I'd have them tested first to make sure it's worth it.
Theoretically, it should be tested every time prior to shooting etc. But negs are tougher than reversals. Also the speedier stocks have the most latitude...
milesandjules

Post by milesandjules »

Yep Im gonna shoot a roll on the r16 and get Richard to process at nano.Just to test.... Yep fingers crossed its ok. 8O
erkanumut

Post by erkanumut »

milesandjules wrote:Yep Im gonna shoot a roll on the r16 and get Richard to process at nano.Just to test.... Yep fingers crossed its ok. 8O
The professional way: Tests should be made for each of the total cans. Its not enough to test just one, unless you bought it from a trusted source such as FUJIFILM Authorized Dealers as fresh stock, even the emulsion numbers match each other (no need for later generation stocks thou). Take all the cans to nanolabs, they will do the rest. They gonna cut and apply sensitometer and densitometer, as well as check the rated ISO speed for you. The shooting is done for camera tests!!!